Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

johnnyp26

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubi Hard Rock
Yup, I'm normally a big fan of buying cars that are under 2 years old and have less than 15-20k miles on them, and had that plan initially when I went to buy my JKU in 2015 until I saw how well they were holding their value and decided to shop around and order one instead. Jeeps are one of the few vehicles that I don't think buying used makes sense unless it's a much older one.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport
Occupation
Highway Dept
Not to mention my credit union will go 84 mo on a new vehicle. I never plan on taking the 84 mo but there is no penally for early payoff and I like the payment cushion. Life can toss in a curve ball once in a while.

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
A look on Craigslist will show you how well jeep wranglers hold value. With new car loan interest rates lower it makes no sense to buy a car with 20k miles that will almost cost the same as a new car over the course of a loan.
Maybe you save a couple thousand but the car is used already...

jloyva

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Wrangler JL Sport S, Victory Touring Cruiser, Kia Sorento
Occupation
Project Manaager
A look on Craigslist will show you how well jeep wranglers hold value. With new car loan interest rates lower it makes no sense to buy a car with 20k miles that will almost cost the same as a new car over the course of a loan.
Maybe you save a couple thousand but the car is used already...
I think this holds true with a lot of vehicles. We bought our Kia Sorento three years ago and it was the same situation. I wanted to buy a 1-2 year old vehicle with under 20k-25k. I got the Sorento brand new for the same or less than anything comparable I could find. Granted the Sorento was not my first choice, but it had everything we needed and the price was right. And as it turns out I am now ready to get a two door JL so everything is great.

Sponsored

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
Not to mention my credit union will go 84 mo on a new vehicle. I never plan on taking the 84 mo but there is no penally for early payoff and I like the payment cushion. Life can toss in a curve ball once in a while.
I had a substantial amount of equity in my JKU, used that on the new Rubi and did 84 months... I did the same for my JKU, put a good amount down and pay a bit extra works every time... and if you ever need it you have payment flexibility.

NFRs2000NYC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Wranglers best value goes to the first owner. I traded my 2012 in after 2 years and 23000 miles for $2500 less than what I got it for. I expect a similarly excellent trade in on my 2014 rubicon when I get my JL.

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
I’m going to be really curious to see if this holds up for JTs/Scramblers as well - I hope it does, as I hope to buy a new one next year...

OP
OP
Matthew/E36

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I use cargurus to check actual prices along with KBB. Cargurus used to give information about listings like days listed and price history. That worked quite well on my last vehicle as the car was on the lot for about 230 days! Not sure if they still list that.
Sponsored