Sponsored

Why are there so many Wranglers on the market? Looking to buy Saharah 2019- Is there an issue?

Jeepn310

First Name
john gerard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saharah 2019
I can not figure out why there are so many 1 and 2 year old jeeps on the market? Anyone have any insight?
Thanks!!
Sponsored

CurlyOffroad

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU sport, 20 LR Model Y AWD, 17 Silverado 1500
Occupation
Information Technology
Some folks (like my dad) like to buy the latest and greatest every couple of years. Not my style, but to each their own. I like paying things off and using them until they're deader than dead personally, lol.

Sponsored

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Speaking as someone with habits people hate, the Wrangler retains its value well. I move every 18-24 months for work and my needs change every time. A wrangler is a lot easier to trade in with potential equity at 12-24 months than most vehicles. I drove an economy car (focus) in LA, switched to an AWD hatchback (Impreza) for Missouri and part of NY, then moved within NY and switched to a Jetta because I was driving about 40k/year. I had an opportunity in the weird COVID used market to pull back out of my Jetta what I paid for it and used the equity to do a downpayment on my Wrangler now that I’m in Washington. If I lost a job and could break close to even on a trade in for a wrangler, I’d switch to a used economy car to drop my car payments.

demisx

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Clubs

I’d question the same about the Jeeps on roads. Seems like there is at least one Wrangler around me on each street I travel. Which is a great thing, of course. ✌🏻

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
My guess is people who don't off road who buy jeeps get buyer remorse after owning it for a while, they are small, nosey inside, not the safest, get pushed around in the wind, steering might be weird to them compared to normal suvs, aren't gas efficient?

IMO

JLRyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
100% correct from everyone above. It’s not just Jeeps...

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

The next Bubble to Burst is the sub-prime auto loan bubble. Big car payments, increasing momentum of unemployment, a collision in the making.
hmm..... so maybe i should go buy that 392 wrangler i cant afford and uncle sam will just bail me out later...:idea: :jk:

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
i think the steering thing thru a lot of people.. mine drive like sh!t until they replaced the steering box.. and is getting bought back on lemon law.. I spent 18 months with dealerships telling me that is how jeeps drive.. I have had 3 jeeps and none of them felt like i was pulling a 47" trailer causing me to sway out of my lane.. until this one ofcourse.. and ya you already make a number of sacrifices for the jeep then you have a major issue like that and dealership denying it.. I could see where average joes and non forum guys would be dumping them.. .

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
but we are also at the point where 2018 leases are coming up..
Sponsored