Sponsored

Why are roof options limited with Hella Yella?

Jfk3674

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4XE Rubicon
Quick question, why are the roof options limited with Hella Yella? I'm going hydro blue, but when I was playing around it came up and I dont see why. Unless the colored roof options are a 3rd party vendor who can't produce the color. Which would be weird, just plug in the code and go.
Jeep Wrangler JL Why are roof options limited with Hella Yella? hella yella
Sponsored

Last edited:

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
Quick question, why are the roof options limited with Hella Yella? I'm going hydro blue, but when I was playing around it came up and I dont see why. Unless the colored roof options are a 3rd party vendor who can't produce the color. Which would be weird, just plug in the code and go.
Jeep Wrangler JL Why are roof options limited with Hella Yella? hella yella
Well, your question is almost moot at this point, since HellaYella has been discontinued. But there might be some on dealer lots yet, but they're not likely to have a colored roof either. For some reason Jeep stopped offering HellaYella colored tops somewhere around 2019/2020. It seems HellaYella was the only color like this that couldn't be had with a color match top.

I was lucky, I ordered our Sky One Touch top shortly after it became available in early 2019, and I don't think it was available for even a year before they stopped offering it in yellow.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Unfortunately the online build tool is notoriously out-of-date. Hella Yella, Nacho, Chief, Billet Silver are all still listed but no longer available.

Get as close as you can and then contact a dealer to place your order.

OP
OP
Jfk3674

Jfk3674

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, your question is almost moot at this point, since HellaYella has been discontinued. But there might be some on dealer lots yet, but they're not likely to have a colored roof either. For some reason Jeep stopped offering HellaYella colored tops somewhere around 2019/2020. It seems HellaYella was the only color like this that couldn't be had with a color match top.

I was lucky, I ordered our Sky One Touch top shortly after it became available in early 2019, and I don't think it was available for even a year before they stopped offering it in yellow.
It didn't really matter for me.
Unfortunately the online build tool is notoriously out-of-date. Hella Yella, Nacho, Chief, Billet Silver are all still listed but no longer available.

Get as close as you can and then contact a dealer to place your order.
I've got a blue on order, I was just wondering why this particular color couldn't be done. Purely a curiosity question with no real impact on life.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I've got a blue on order, I was just wondering why this particular color couldn't be done. Purely a curiosity question with no real impact on life.
Hydro Blue is an excellent choice. I was hesitant to order such a "loud" color, personally, but I really really love it. And with the different shades of blue accents on the 4xe Rubicon? It'll look sick, man. Enjoy.

Sponsored

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
It

Because that much bright yellow would make people's eyes bleed and be a road hazard.

OP
OP
Jfk3674

Jfk3674

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue is an excellent choice. I was hesitant to order such a "loud" color, personally, but I really really love it. And with the different shades of blue accents on the 4xe Rubicon? It'll look sick, man. Enjoy.
Usual my cars tend to black, whites, grey (except for the yellow Aztek we dont talk about). There was another Jeep at the marina that was bright blue, not sure if it was hydro, I was impressed by. It really worked well. And with the Rubicon interior blue accents it was a no brainer.

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
Usual my cars tend to black, whites, grey (except for the yellow Aztek we dont talk about). There was another Jeep at the marina that was bright blue, not sure if it was hydro, I was impressed by. It really worked well. And with the Rubicon interior blue accents it was a no brainer.
Hyrdo Blue isn't as bright in person as it looks online...

Jeep Wrangler JL Why are roof options limited with Hella Yella? 224160462_146538880925923_4304440689240552807_n
Jeep Wrangler JL Why are roof options limited with Hella Yella? 239891990_2660776434231286_6764756736215933687_n
Jeep Wrangler JL Why are roof options limited with Hella Yella? 237721290_948877479007254_4424741418734802274_n

Jeep Wrangler JL Why are roof options limited with Hella Yella? 235493912_377227744015215_7843314657391702293_n

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
Because that much bright yellow would make people's eyes bleed and be a road hazard.
No… they were more worried about all the little kids lining up next to it waiting for it to take them to school.

First Name
Rebecca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sahara 4XE, 2010 Unlimited, 2002 2d X
Have you seen Velocity in person? It's basically highlighter yellow.

It wasn't my first choice, but it was that or or Sting-gray in stock, and I am done with gray, white, or black cars... (I would rather have gotten one in Reign (purple) or Red, but there was a timing aspect here, and at least those two had my most desired feature, the one-touch sky top)

Jeep Wrangler JL Why are roof options limited with Hella Yella? 2022-10-13 09.45.16

(For context, the other yellow you are seeing is a dusty 2002 Wrangler X - they definitely change shades over time....)
Sponsored