Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
I browse the dealer ads on new Wranglers just to check on what's going on in the market. Dealers around here seem to have only 4 doors except for Rubicons. I guess I can see why Sahara is strictly 4 door, but why arent 2 door Sports selling? I seem to have bought the only one on any lot within 150 miles.
Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
speaking wrangler models in general. dealers are looking to sell 4 doors to be an "all around" general purpose "family" jeep. due to the space, etc. the 2 door is sort of a "utility" propose jeep. dealers will sell more 4 doors than 2 doors due to there locations, etc. i think my 2 door jl was the only one on the lot at the time and its been on the lot since feb of this year. i got it in may. so it sat on the lot for 4 months while the 4 door was selling in shorter time.

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
I browse the dealer ads on new Wranglers just to check on what's going on in the market. Dealers around here seem to have only 4 doors except for Rubicons. I guess I can see why Sahara is strictly 4 door, but why arent 2 door Sports selling? I seem to have bought the only one on any lot within 150 miles.
Several factors.... I have a JLR only because it was the total package and ready for me to go.... What you see on the lots is what is left for sale as all the status show JLU Sports is a family/Off Road niche. For me I can get all my friends in a 2 door... (the ones I want to invite), joking. I do off roading and like the smaller frame to get around... in fact, this is my 4 Jeep and they are all 2 door.

Happy Jeeping....

Edit: The JLR or JLUR are pricy and when you are younger with a family the winch comes later.... So Dealer do not spec out JLR that much on their floor plans.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
The current 2dr sales has got to be super low. That being said and as unfortunate as it may be, they’ll never come out with the J6. I think if 2dr sales were at par with 4dr sales they’d consider it, but not now.

In comparison, speaking of the 2dr J6 concept, there just isn’t 2dr trucks in the market anymore for the same reason. People like to have additional space and to boot that additional space doesn’t hinder or infringe on ability/capability.

So the average consumers thought is:

Why not get the extra space?

OP
OP
Mikeoso

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Hadnt occurred to me that a 2 door Wrangler is less popular. To me, that's just what a Jeep is. The J6 concept looks nice, but I'd want a full 8'x4' bed. To me, that's what a pickup is.

Sponsored

gpurp

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' JL Sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
Yes the extra 2 doors are handy in everyday life and that's precisely why I have a 4-door sedan. For everything else I'll gladly take a 2-door Wrangler and 2-door pickup.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
The current 2dr sales has got to be super low. That being said and as unfortunate as it may be, they’ll never come out with the J6. I think if 2dr sales were at par with 4dr sales they’d consider it, but not now.

In comparison, speaking of the 2dr J6 concept, there just isn’t 2dr trucks in the market anymore for the same reason. People like to have additional space and to boot that additional space doesn’t hinder or infringe on ability/capability.

So the average consumers thought is:

Why not get the extra space?
i agree that the 2 door sales are down and the buyers are looking for "usability" factory. i'm not sure if the 2 door sale were up that the j6 would of made it to the lot. due to the fact that that the midsize 2 door trucks are gone. i would love to see the j6 to go into production.. i admit that i looked at the 4 door and decided on the 2 door because i didnt need all that space.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
Hadnt occurred to me that a 2 door Wrangler is less popular. To me, that's just what a Jeep is. The J6 concept looks nice, but I'd want a full 8'x4' bed. To me, that's what a pickup is.
other than true jeepers. most of the people in today's time dont know the true jeep history and how it all started. so when the they see a 4 door jeep, thats what they see. same goes with the h1 hummer. folks do not know about the h1 hummer. they see the h2 or h3. they will be the ones that say "i have a hummer"

OP
OP
Mikeoso

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
other than true jeepers. most of the people in today's time dont know the true jeep history and how it all started. so when the they see a 4 door jeep, thats what they see. same goes with the h1 hummer. folks do not know about the h1 hummer. they see the h2 or h3. they will be the ones that say "i have a hummer"
First Jeep I owned was a '49 Willys.

Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep will probably sell 25k to 35k two-door wranglers this year, well below the number of TJs sold in a year (usually 70k to 80k) but still not an insignificant number. I think it’ll be around a while.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
Jeep will probably sell 25k to 35k two-door wranglers this year, well below the number of TJs sold in a year (usually 70k to 80k) but still not an insignificant number. I think it’ll be around a while.
tj were only 2 door to start with at the time of sale. even the tj unlimited which was a extended version of the 2 door. beside that i believe that jeep will continue in making the 2 door due to its history.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
tj were only 2 door to start with at the time of sale. even the tj unlimited which was a extended version of the 2 door.
I know that, I had one. The point I’m making is that jeep is still selling a large number of two door jeeps, even if it’s not quite as many as when they were only selling two doors.

Gangplank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys 4dr
Build Thread
Link
I’ve been looking at wranglers a bit and it seems to me there are a LOT of 2DR Sport & Sport S on lots for model year 19 around here in FL. One thing that would help move the 2DR is if it wasn’t so expensive. By the time you add a couple of items you start getting close in price to the Rubicon.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
I know that, I had one. The point I’m making is that jeep is still selling a large number of two door jeeps, even if it’s not quite as many as when they were only selling two doors.
got it. either way the wranglers are holding up in sales in 2 and 4 doors.
Sponsored