First Name
Not Sure
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Jeep
Occupation
Staring at this forum
As I've posted in various threads, my wife has a 4-Door Sport and I have a 2-Door. Due to life's circumstances, I had to take my child with me on errands the last few weeks. I always chose to drive the 2-Door, even with a baby seat in the back. I realized that even though I have to play Jenga when I get back from the store to remove the bags, I always chose the 2-Door because I find it more fun to drive. It got me thinking about what specifically makes it fun. For me, it is mostly these things in combination:

Short Wheelbase
Gearing (I have 4.88s to her stock Sport gears)
Manual Trans

It makes me feel like I'm driving some crazy go-cart made of tractor parts.

So, what makes your 2-Door fun to drive?
Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Because it's a real Jeep that does what Jeeps do. Good and (loveably) bad.
For me, my JL is the Jeep I always wanted in my 20's but couldn't afford the mods. So I had to remain mostly stock. Now I do what I want.

JLUs are just... different. There's a off-road short school bus feel to them. I knew from the first test drive that it wouldn't satisfy what I wanted to do. They aren't the nimble bouncy skittish things that I grew to love.

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Crazy go kart made of tractor parts is about the best way I've heard it explained.

Super short wheelbase, good torque with the higher gearing (I also have 4.88s), tight turning radius and overall agile feel while also being 2-4x the height of a Miata. Fun combo.

Sponsored

toothirtyj

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Hellayella JL Willys, 3.6L/6MT, 4.10's
Occupation
LE
" It makes me feel like I'm driving some crazy go-cart made of tractor parts." <- This

My 2 door checks just about every box of a personally owned vehicle. It has ingredients of a low powered, manual transmission, convertible sports car with the capability of pulling a trailer to haul cargo like a pickup truck. Small enough to be maneuverable in the city, or rockies, but still be adequately comfortable for a highway drive from Indiana to Colorado.

Not many vehicles can legitimately fill so many roles.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Yep, always had 2dr Jeeps, even a POS 2dr Blazer (although that wasn't great fun to drive). Would love to have 4.88s and a manual too, but even w/ my stock Sport gears and 8AT it's still about as much fun as you can have behind the wheel. Very nimble on the trail and even decent mpg for driving a boxcar on wheels. I smile every time I'm in it, and my wife loves it too, hell, even the dog loves getting behind the wheel :)

j driving.jpg

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
"Less doors, more fun" is fairly universally true in the automotive world IMO

Sponsored

DUNE RAP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL 2DR RUBICON
My 2021 2dr Rubicon is an absolute blast! Itā€™s my everyday driverā€¦21 mpg! Itā€™s my 4x4 sports carā€¦itā€™s quick! Itā€™s my tow rigā€¦.pulls my flatbed. Itā€™s my 4-wheel drive off-road BEAST!!!

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Because why drive more than you need? If I need more cargo I bring my Ram.

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
Plus it sits nice and high so you can see over traffic-like being in a truck but a lot quicker handling and easier to park. All that plus the best off road performance-whatā€™s not to love?šŸ˜Š
Sponsored