First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Meanwhile in a future universe:

Chevy finally makes a 4 door Corvette and it out sells the original 2 door version...

Future 4 door buyers would say "those 2 doors Corvettes look like weird, unpractiable, little toys" 😝

And old school 2 door buyers would say "Those new 4 doors are NOT Real Corvettes" 😉

This sums up this post in a nutshell... 🤠 HAPPY NEW YEAR 2022 🥳

Dick

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon
2-Door Jeep's Rock N Rule!
Sorry guy's n gal's, we all know deep down that most Jeeper's want a 2-door...This is just cold, hard fact. Saying otherwise is like saying my dog ate my homework-just a lame @ss excuse!
2-Door JL's are without a doubt the coolest and best!
:devil:
Amen

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I slogged through 258 posts over the past couple of days. One thing that was surprisingly not mentioned, and the swinger for me in choosing a 2dr vs 4dr, was weight. I have a Class C motorhome and the GCWR specs will not support a 4dr.

Funny thing... the better half calls it a '1' door. Maybe she is coming from the west coast perspective and counting like the points on a deer? :like:

IMHO, 2dr better looking/nibble, 4dr more practical/comfortable... but being empty nesters and with the back seat removed... we are good to go.

If I didn't have the weight restraint, the 2dr/4dr decision would have been a harder call based on the 'overlanding' accessories/capabilities.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dale's Jeep

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL 4door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired U.S. Army 23 years
Let's all be real the modern day jeeps are a new generational jeep. If jeep still made the real jeeps cj models no one would buy them. What no satellite radio, heated seat steering wheel and ac oh my god becky. I wish I would have never sold my 79 I miss that jeep till this day.

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
Their $38k SRT8 conversion isn't too outlandish, but think I'd still prefer a factory 392 2-door for that price.
A factory 392 2-door…. 🤔 I think I saw this mystical animal in “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them”. Yes, that’s right - in the scene where the little Jeep boy was dreaming of wonderous off-road vehicles with magical powers that do not exist! I dream of such mystical beasts nightly as well! 👍

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
Let's all be real the modern day jeeps are a new generational jeep. If jeep still made the real jeeps cj models no one would buy them. What no satellite radio, heated seat steering wheel and ac oh my god becky. I wish I would have never sold my 79 I miss that jeep till this day.
Do you mean this version of the CJ with soft top?
Jeep Wrangler JL Why a two door is better than a four door 87E4A1B0-4349-42B7-9B8F-ED2160B97AD1

Sponsored

Dale's Jeep

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL 4door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired U.S. Army 23 years
Do you mean this version of the CJ with soft top?
Jeep Wrangler JL Why a two door is better than a four door 87E4A1B0-4349-42B7-9B8F-ED2160B97AD1
Hell ya I'd take that in a heart beat easy to work on. I do like my 18 rubicon but old school where fun

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
After 17 pages of this, here‘s my takeaway...

2 Door =Jeep
4 Door = Trail Rated Minivan
Thanks for the TLDR.
I think we can agree the 2 door's only Achilles heel is the small storage space. If you can live with that, the pros far outweigh the cons. I fit a family of four and even adults in the back, smiles all around.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
A factory 392 2-door…. 🤔 I think I saw this mystical animal in “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them”. Yes, that’s right - in the scene where the little Jeep boy was dreaming of wonderous off-road vehicles with magical powers that do not exist! I dream of such mystical beasts nightly as well! 👍
You laugh but if my engine dies, it will become a 392 using factory parts...

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Thanks for the TLDR.
I think we can agree the 2 door's only Achilles heel is the small storage space. If you can live with that, the pros far outweigh the cons. I fit a family of four and even adults in the back, smiles all around.
Just me, the wife, and my dog, and yeah, we're all smiling too! If my friends want to come along they bring their own Jeeps :)
Sponsored