Why a two door is better than a four door

JEEP4U

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Two door Jeeps rule! The only instance I can think of......were the longer wheel base will prevail is on a uphill ledge climb (when the ledge is about equal or greater than the height of your tires)........the extra wheelbase really helps with the weight transfer to the front axles............But, If you have an Atlas transfer case.....Front Digs can help alot.
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
FFS. I’m fully in team 2-door but this kind of bullshit pisses me off. Go back to your basement.
True, I have mad respect for many of the 4dr crew around here and so many have helped me along the way. Sure I'm all in for the 2dr but if my situation were different and needed more room I'd hit that 4dr, and hit it hard!

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
True, I have mad respect for many of the 4dr crew around here and so many have helped me along the way. Sure I'm all in for the 2dr but if my situation were different and needed more room I'd hit that 4dr, and hit it hard!
More importantly, some of the most avid Jeepers, off-roaders I know are women, and often mothers, and for all I know will drive their children to school events. Fuck the implicit misogyny.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I give the 2dr "purists" a hard time, and correct the "4drs are only better at non-offroad things" guys, but bottom line both are awesome off road and miles ahead of anything else available. The shortcomings of the swb are real, but I exaggerate them for arguments sake. I'll be the first to admit that breakover angle, especially stock, is an issue for the 4dr. In the first year of owning it and wheeling it stock we only got high centered once, but it felt like it was dragging the belly constantly. Is it so much of a problem that it prevents you from making it on tough trails? No. Just like the 2dr isn't going to tip over if it sees a hill. Are there ledges that will cause a 2dr to roll where a 4dr can climb? Absolutely. Are their obstacles that will leave a 4dr high centered where a 2dr will cruise right through? Absolutely. Are both of those obstacles likely to deny literally every other stock vehicle out there? Of course they are. I clearly prefer the 4dr both on and off road, but if there were no 4dr wrangler I'd still be wheeling in a wrangler. Granted I'd want to comp cut it in the back and stretch the wheel base to 105-110", but that's just me (and most of the yj/tj guys wheeling out here before the LJ became a thing). I don't even bother with the mysoginists anymore, they aren't smart enough to understand. My wife daily drives a jlur on 37's and has wheeled most of the major trails in the western United States. She's wheeled through the Rubicon at least a half dozen times, been through rally school, and can out drive most people on this planet. If you think your dangly bits make you a better driver (or better in any way), feel free to do us all a favor and remove yourself from the gene pool.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Wow, there are some sensitive folks. Almost 12 pages in and a person posts a one-liner like that, obvious joke. Please folks, wrap your head in a (breathable) bag so when you visit the Internet you don't make a mess when your head explodes. There will be things posted you can be sensitive to if you really try; however, most of those things are not to be taken so serious.

Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Wow, there are some sensitive folks. Almost 12 pages in and a person posts a one-liner like that, obvious joke. Please folks, wrap your head in a (breathable) bag so when you visit the Internet you don't make a mess when your head explodes. There will be things posted you can be sensitive to if you really try; however, most of those things are not to be taken so serious.
Let's throw in some racist and/or homophobic "one-liners" and expect a pass while we are at it. Come on don't be sensitive. They are just jokes right? At least behind the keyboard you won't get punched in the mouth for it.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
False equivalence.

It's a fact the 4D can carry more soccer balls.

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 1986 CJ7
I wish I could have gotten my JT in a 2 door but Jeep denied me that choice. my wife loves her JLU and it’s just the 2 of us so there you go. I wanted her to get the 2 dr JLR in Tuscadero but she insisted on the 2 extra doors. What she wants, she gets. <shrug>

Charmagne

First Name
Charmagne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
80th AE JL
I thought the video was on point, and fair. And when it came down to it, neither of them changed their minds about which was the better vehicle. Because they have different driving and storage needs. Isn't it great that we all have the ability to buy the one that speaks to us and suits our driving preferences ...and still be able to get a Jeep!! She only got one thing wrong however; Jeeps need names ;P

Sponsored

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
Let's throw in some racist and/or homophobic "one-liners" and expect a pass while we are at it. Come on don't be sensitive. They are just jokes right? At least behind the keyboard you won't get punched in the mouth for it.
Yes Zach!! I loathe the trolling posts and I call them out. It's one thing to joke. I admit I confuse trolling with joking sometimes.

Some are so obvious it's horrible. I always try to give a polite PM to the offending member. Sometimes we end up "forum buddies". Most of the time it ends up me being on the receiving end of childish personal attacks, name calling and threats. It's total cowerdness at a huge level.

I always post just like I was speaking to someone in person. Some members think otherwise; Using the keyboard and knowing they are safe as long as they are able to hide behind their IP address.

five9dak

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini '20 JL Freedom, '99 Dakota R/T, '97 Boxster
Well at least now you know /s

I don't like how the 2 doors look, I guess I view them similarly how some view angry grilles (also not for me but w/e). You can drive your little car, I'm not judging too harshly. I don't need a truck but I do like to haul some things from time to time without having to borrow a truck or trailer or rent one, a 4 door is going to offer the extra space to make that happen. Most of my friends are also bigger dudes (over 6 foot), I did not like riding in the back of 2 doors and I wouldn't expect them too either. Again, your clown cars are okay for you but not my situation.

He's a squid, it's what they do.
I haul 12ft lumber with my 2dr JL , the back window opens pretty easy, its a soft top flap. You can also strap it to the rollbar. The length hasn't been a problem yet. Occasionally I do take out the seat to haul something bulky.

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2021 Jeep GC L Limited
I started with a 2 door 2007 JK and LOVED it for 12 years and then things started going wrong that was going to cost big. Bit the bullet and bought a 2019 JLU. I miss my 2 door, but I like that now I can take more than just my husband and I in the jeep, including the grandchildren!
Me, my wife, my 3 year old, and my 12 year old fit in the 2 dr just fine lol. Most days it's me and the 3 year old in his car seat.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Hi guys, just bought some fuel for the fire.

If you have to lift a 4 door more than a 2 door. Wouldn't the "rolling paranoia" argument be invalid? I mean, you are raising the COG of your 4 door quite a bit.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I also have mad respect for 4 door owners.

Mad respect for being able do drive a school bus on the trails. :CWL:
Sponsored