Sponsored

Why a two door is better than a four door

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
Wife and I used to make fun of the 4 dr JKUs whenever we'd see one on the road. "Looks at that poor Jeep that must have gotten caught in a taffy machine and got all stretched out". At the time we owned a JK.

Over the years, we've gotten used to seeing them everywhere and now they look more like a normal Jeep to us than a 2 dr. We even bought a JLU last year.

Sponsored

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
We all want a 2 door. Life and Jeep makes us choose the 4 door.
The way I look at it: the 4-door has made Jeep the powerhouse that it is, and has funded their ability to keep the 2-door around, keep the solid axle/removable door/removable top/foldable windshield heritage.

And there are vastly more used Wranglers available now than ever thanks to the sales boost.

So, hooray for the 4-door Wrangler. Long live Jeep.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Just like buying a wrangler and the different models is about the utility, so is 2 vs 4 door. Only purists get their panties in a bunch screaming about "real jeeps" when these topics come up.

Briefly skimming his video, I figured he was about to say why he was selling his 2 door and buying whatever next vehicle, and why it was better. šŸ˜

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
My takeaway from that video is that itā€™s so small you 2 door driving girls have to put your purse in the back seat. ;)

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I don't get this have kids, need a 4dr thing. They're kids. Make them climb into the jungle gym. They like it. It also inspires them to GTFO and get their own car when they're teenagers. They should be at the DMV the day they can get their learners permit so they don't have to shoehorn themselves into the back seat of the Jeep anymore.

Don't make Mom & Dad's Taxi comfortable! What, are you crazy?

Sponsored

Retrograde

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer
I don't get this have kids, need a 4dr thing. They're kids. Make them climb into the jungle gym. They like it. It also inspires them to GTFO and get their own car when they're teenagers. They should be at the DMV the day they can get their learners permit so they don't have to shoehorn themselves into the back seat of the Jeep anymore.

Don't make Mom & Dad's Taxi comfortable! What, are you crazy?
Indeed... coddling the last generation of the little buggers is how we got "safe spaces" and 56 genders.

My takeaway from that video is that itā€™s so small you 2 door driving girls have to put your purse in the back seat. ;)
My takeaway is, she's a bigger man than he is. He just goes banging on about the whiniest shit!

Last edited:

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
Seems there are very few things a four door Jeep just can't do that a two door Jeep can.

Not enough to convince me that I should've bought a 2 door Jeep. Or that a two door is actually better. Besides I can do the things I like better that are inconvenient or not really possible in a 2 door. To each his own, but don't try and feed me that two door is entirely better than a four door business cause it just ain't so.

BradyW

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Vehicle Showcase
As a father of four kids under 10yrs old I opened this thread expecting to hear debate about wheelbases and break over angles and what I found out is that Iā€™m a shitty dad because the kids are allowed a back door to climb through. Iā€™d didnā€™t realize I was living my life so wrong.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
As a father of four kids under 10yrs old I opened this thread expecting to hear debate about wheelbases and break over angles and what I found out is that Iā€™m a shitty dad because the kids are allowed a back door to climb through. Iā€™d didnā€™t realize I was living my life so wrong.
Well at least now you know /s

I don't like how the 2 doors look, I guess I view them similarly how some view angry grilles (also not for me but w/e). You can drive your little car, I'm not judging too harshly. I don't need a truck but I do like to haul some things from time to time without having to borrow a truck or trailer or rent one, a 4 door is going to offer the extra space to make that happen. Most of my friends are also bigger dudes (over 6 foot), I did not like riding in the back of 2 doors and I wouldn't expect them too either. Again, your clown cars are okay for you but not my situation.

My takeaway is, she's a bigger man than he is. He just goes banging on about the whiniest shit!
He's a squid, it's what they do.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Back seat??? only put it in as a last resort! You four door guys and all your seat needs, lol
Sponsored