Sponsored

Why a two door is better than a four door

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
In these days where being a victim is king of the world and media frenzy, they're never going to get rid of the prius of the Jeep world (2 door).
Calling a 2dr Jeep a prius of the Jeep world just might be the stupidest thing i've heard all day, but I hear a lot of stupid shit!
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Out of genuine curiosity, as I've never driven a 2 door JL, in what way is it a far superior driving experience to the 4 door?
Well, get in one and take it for a drive, then get back to us.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
If you're in my town I'd have no problem letting you take it around, as long as you look trustworthy :)

desmo2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 TJ '97-'11. '21 billet silver JLR
LOL...buyer confirmation is a thing, isn't it??? "I bought this, so this must be the best!"

When I fell in love with Jeeps, they were all 2-doors. I loved my TJ for 14 years. With that history, I do still think 4-door Jeeps look...odd. I think the LJ looked odd, too, but I'd sure like to have an LJ Rubicon!

The 4-doors brought a bunch of owners to the Jeep table. That is a good thing.

I won't shun you guys/gals...

...even if you didn't buy a REAL Jeep.

😝

Sponsored

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
As a father of four kids under 10yrs old I opened this thread expecting to hear debate about wheelbases and break over angles and what I found out is that I’m a shitty dad because the kids are allowed a back door to climb through. I’d didn’t realize I was living my life so wrong.
I'm the oldest of 4 boys, about 2-1/2 years apart. My dad had all 4 of us with him at the car dealer the day he bought his 2 seat, 1983 Datsun 280 ZX... I sat in the front passenger seat and held the youngest brother, the other two sat in the back hatch area along with a couple of balloons... it was his daily driver for 7 years... even during the Chicago winters. My mom has always had the practical cars (although she now drives a "practical" Cayenne hybrid) and my dad has had the fun cars. He never had a sedan until he bought a Tesla 6 years ago.

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
While I certainly acknowledge the utility of the 4 dr Wrangler, I didn't even consider one when I bought my '21 80th Edition. It was 2 dr all the way for me. It's just the wife and me with kids and grandkids all over 1000 miles distant. Besides, Jeeps have been short wheelbase creatures for many decades and they just look right that way.

Nothing against 4 dr models. What you drive is up to you. I'll drive what I prefer. We're both happy.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
The reality is that both jeeps are about as equally capable with a few pros/cons here and there. That the driver need to compensate for. Sometimes they have to choose entirely different lines.

Then the modifications. A 4 door often needs bigger tires, bigger lift, etc... Often being more expensive, for most people not for all.

The 2 door is the budget option for most. Not because you save 3k to start with, but because it is ready to tackle almost anything stock. A jeep owner who wants to spend on a budget but needs a really capable Jeep would do great with a 2 door. Small spacer lift, 35s, and you have an absolute beast.

If you have a deep wallet for mods I honestly think the 4 door wins. I think it is a better platform for higher end lifkits and 37s and up tires. But thats just my opinion.

brennaman

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 WK 2014 JK, 2021 JLR snazzberry
Occupation
damn near retired
Well at least now you know /s

I don't like how the 2 doors look,

I can honestly say, I have never heard someone say they don't like the look of a 2 door.

He's a squid, it's what they do.

Agree with the squid comment.

One_off

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2d Gecko Gr + 2021 Rubicon 2 White
Well, get in one and take it for a drive, then get back to us.
I did exactly that. Had a 2d and sold it in 1.5yrs due to able to sell for stupid money. 6mos later I wanted a new one. Thought hmmm maybe a 4 door this time. Test drove. Tried to do a quick u-turn and the diff in turning radius alone was enough for me to drive it back to the dealership and order my 2d.
To each their own, but I'll stick with 2d.

I have a 4door 3/4 ton pu for when I NEED to haul a ton of stuff.

Sponsored

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
That's because you have (and probably need) a four door. Nothing wrong with needing a four door btw, it is what it is, and yes, it's still a badass ride!
Yes, they are both badass rides! If someone says they can out drive me, I'm ok with that. If I had my druthers I would have both a 2 door and 4 door Rubicons. I do realize one can be beneficial over the other depending on what I'm doing. But, the video is short sighted and a little biased on some aspects which is why I jumped in this thread. Too much opinion based on personal preferences is why I'm here standing up for the 4 door Wrangler.

Don't care if a 2 door is your favorite in the stable. My 4 door is my favorite, but you will only catch me calling it better than a Bronco, 4 Runner, Land Rover, etc...

FINN 2.0

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR. 1979 Ford 150.
The main reason I drive the 4/dr is because the longer wheelbase is easier to control on the icy roads I have to drive to get home.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yes, they are both badass rides! If someone says they can out drive me, I'm ok with that. If I had my druthers I would have both a 2 door and 4 door Rubicons. I do realize one can be beneficial over the other depending on what I'm doing. But, the video is short sighted and a little biased on some aspects which is why I jumped in this thread. Too much opinion based on personal preferences is why I'm here standing up for the 4 door Wrangler.

Don't care if a 2 door is your favorite in the stable. My 4 door is my favorite, but you will only catch me calling it better than a Bronco, 4 Runner, Land Rover, etc...
The main reason I drive the 4/dr is because the longer wheelbase is easier to control on the icy roads I have to drive to get home.
Yep, can't argue with either of you, we all have what we want, or need for our current situations. And no doubt these vehicles will get the job done much better than most any other vehicle on the planet!

Although the 2dr is more fun :)

Sorry, just had to!

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
In these days where being a victim is king of the world and media frenzy, they're never going to get rid of the prius of the Jeep world (2 door).
Honestly not sure where you're going with that, but as long as you're happy driving around with a bunch of 'big dudes' in your 4-door, I won't judge either 😆

Retrograde

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer
Out of genuine curiosity, as I've never driven a 2 door JL, in what way is it a far superior driving experience to the 4 door?
When I make a U-turn, I never have to get off the sidewalk.
Sponsored