Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I don't get this have kids, need a 4dr thing. They're kids. Make them climb into the jungle gym. They like it. It also inspires them to GTFO and get their own car when they're teenagers. They should be at the DMV the day they can get their learners permit so they don't have to shoehorn themselves into the back seat of the Jeep anymore.

Don't make Mom & Dad's Taxi comfortable! What, are you crazy?
I have a kid and keeping the 2 door.
Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
As a father of four kids under 10yrs old I opened this thread expecting to hear debate about wheelbases and break over angles and what I found out is that I’m a shitty dad because the kids are allowed a back door to climb through. I’d didn’t realize I was living my life so wrong.
Lol I hear you. This topic has been beaten to death since the JKU. I think nobody wants to touch it anymore. It always ends with JLUs dragging the belly and 2 doors rolling over.

P.S. the 2 door is better offroad 😂

Last edited:

micahpop

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
2 door is a far superior driving experience. The 4 is better at everything not related to driving with the exception of city parking. Ug, I miss my 2 door
Out of genuine curiosity, as I've never driven a 2 door JL, in what way is it a far superior driving experience to the 4 door?

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
@micahpop Think of any portion of your drive and driving experience. Now consider how any part of that at 11 (one better than 10). That's the driving experience we have driving two-door Jeeps.

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Jeep Wrangler JL Why a two door is better than a four door DDF4E9A1-0784-49AF-B2A1-287161BEC2CC

Sponsored

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
It's one louder, isn't it? Two-door Jeeps go to 11.

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
I don't like how the 2 doors look, I guess I view them similarly how some view angry grilles (also not for me but w/e). You can drive your little car, I'm not judging too harshly.
I feel the exact opposite. After growing up seeing nothing but the 2-doors, the 4-door just doesn't look 'right' to my eyes. I've had years to adjust and thought I'd eventually feel the same about the 4-door, but I still don't.

Have absolutely no desire to drive around a long-ass bus, but I'm glad that it exists for people that want/need such a thing. Just kinda worried the 2-door will eventually be axed at some point, which would be a shame imo.

LDYDRVN

First Name
Lois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Wrangler
I had a 15 JKU Sport traded it in for my 21 JL Sport S build. Went for a 2 Door this time as its just me & Mr. Wonderful now, don’t haul as much stuff anymore. Thought I’d miss the 4 door but so far not as much of an issue as I thought it would be. According to Cryptostickers.net, 4 door orders are much higher than 2 door orders.

31D9648B-D324-4843-AF1D-F5C64633724C.jpeg

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Seems there are very few things a four door Jeep just can't do that a two door Jeep can.

Not enough to convince me that I should've bought a 2 door Jeep. Or that a two door is actually better. Besides I can do the things I like better that are inconvenient or not really possible in a 2 door. To each his own, but don't try and feed me that two door is entirely better than a four door business cause it just ain't so.
2 dr is much better based on one reason. Breakover. How much lift does the 4 door need to match the oem 2dr?

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Out of genuine curiosity, as I've never driven a 2 door JL, in what way is it a far superior driving experience to the 4 door?
You wouldnt understand. It is a jeep thing ;).

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
2 dr is much better based on one reason. Breakover. How much lift does the 4 door need to match the oem 2dr?
If I'm on a trail that breakover angle is not the only thing that'll stop a Jeep. Steep inclines will also.stop you. Longer wheel bases are better at it than shorter wheel base. Not enough to call a 2 door "much better" than a 4 door. I'm not buying those apples.

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
‘94 YJ, ‘21 JLR, ‘22 JLUR XR, ‘23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
More nimble. Would like TrailRecon to make a second video focusing on off-roading both.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Just kinda worried the 2-door will eventually be axed at some point, which would be a shame imo.
In these days where being a victim is king of the world and media frenzy, they're never going to get rid of the prius of the Jeep world (2 door).

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
If I'm on a trail that breakover angle is not the only thing that'll stop a Jeep. Steep inclines will also.stop you. Longer wheel bases are better at it than shorter wheel base. Not enough to call a 2 door "much better" than a 4 door. I'm not buying those apples.
That's because you have (and probably need) a four door. Nothing wrong with needing a four door btw, it is what it is, and yes, it's still a badass ride!
Sponsored