Why 1 Gallon Less Tank Capacity???

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
I agree that if the smaller fuel tank was reduced just to save weight then it is a bad decision. I like to believe it is more of a design restriction or was necessary for ground clearance but would be a good question to ask Jeep.
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't seen one in person, so this may not be the case. From the photos I've seen, it looks like the fuel tank on the JLU is pretty flush with the bottom of the frame rails. On the JKU, it comes down slightly, and you can see this from the side, and it slightly reduces ground clearance, at least where the tank skid plate is concerned. I have not seen the JLU from the port side, so it might do the same thing, but the photos I've seen from underneath make it appear more flush. If that was the goal, then maybe that's where the capacity was lost. If so, I'm fine with it.

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
I heard from an inside source that the engineers had to intentionally design in some subtle 'complaint' points in order to fuel the heated passions of the Jeep culture.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I heard from an inside source that the engineers had to intentionally design in some subtle 'complaint' points in order to fuel the heated passions of the Jeep culture.
That's overkill. They wouldn't have needed even subtle complaint points to stir it up.