Whose seen this? Wheel weights.

Cntr78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Was checking the torque on my wheel spacers after 500 miles (spot on, nice and tight) and noticed that both of my rear wheels have both the stick on and hammer on weights.

This would be from the factory as I only have 1,400 miles on my 2021 JLU Sport Altitude.

Never seen it before and wondering if anyone else has noticed this as well?
I'm assuming it's nothing to be concerned about, but not sure.

IMG_20210423_110131.jpg
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Hmmm, did they run out of aluminum ones at the factory and had to hit up the parts bin from the 80s???

Seems a bit odd, if it was the base black steel wheels it would make more sense.

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
Normal. Mine were like that too. I wish more places balanced like this. I wish weights were still made of lead too.

OP
OP
Cntr78

Cntr78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Normal. Mine were like that too. I wish more places balanced like this. I wish weights were still made of lead too.
Does this mean they did it once and then did it again and adjusted to make sure it was right?
If so, good-on-ya FCA.
Initially thought it was some sort of mistake.

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
Does this mean they did it once and then did it again and adjusted to make sure it was right?
If so, good-on-ya FCA.
Initially thought it was some sort of mistake.
No, the balancing machine tells the operator if weights are needed inboard or outboard. No one wants to see weights stuck to the outside of the wheel and it can damage the appearance of the aluminum wheel as well so stick on weights as close to the outside edge but on the inside of wheel is what we get.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I also have it the same way on our ā€˜21 Rubicon upgrade wheels. I noticed on my 19 Sahara, that just got new tires, they used hammer and stick on weights inside too. Although, Iā€™m not sure if they were originally the same way. I saw the stick ons a didnā€™t think anymore of it.
Sponsored

Last edited: