J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Over this past weekend we were able to flex our Jeeps out a bit and learned some limits, which is good. Our front fenders have no issue, with the high fender mod and replacement liners. The rears are different, still good. We are running MC 3.5 on 37s and full stuff was perfect, but there was slight rubbing as others have seen. The stuff was near perfect with 3 bumpstops, but the tire BARELY hit that protruding spot from the rear bumper/liner. I know @4xnaz has done a few mods in this space, but wanted to see if others simply removed their rear liners and ran without. I love our from Artec liners, but i dont feel like dropping $300 on rears right now. MIGHT in the future, but wanted to see if anyone has recently been running with rear liners removed. I would prob just get the rear fender retention hardware, do slight mods to the pinch weld, remove a bumptop or 2 and call it a day. Any experience out there?
Sponsored

JMONEZ

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
Same set up and also looking to do the same. Following.....

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
I have 2” bumpstop extensions with my 37” Nittos. I removed the factory bumper for a JCR Vanguard. The rest of the factory liners, I just massaged with a heat gun. Didn’t touch the pinch seam. I did make some kydex “mud guards” to extend from the liners to the rear bumper - didn’t want the taillight housing areas filling with mud/dirt/sand.

8CDE786169464568AED5.jpg

DB93AD49E08A4E758D22.jpg

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I was about to yank my rear liners one day but decided against it because there are some lines that would be exposed I thought....just wiring IIRC?

It wouldn't be a problem UNLESS a tire lug caught it

OP
OP
jlewissystem

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been running without them for a year, even though I’ve been running the artec inners that long as well, they don’t cover that spot. And there’s no issues with wiring or any other lines that are exposed. Everything is strapped up or tied down and out of harms way....:)
Thanks again! Still waiting on our fender hardware.....lost in mail. You've answered 80% of my questions on here.....i should've just looked at all your stuff :)
Sponsored