First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU, 18 JL, 21 JL
I just put together a lift using mostly Metalcloak parts and I'm wondering if anyone has installed a 3.5 lift from them, and has any advice. The parts list is;
MC LCA's
MC front and rear springs (3.5)
MC front and rear track bars
my home made front bump stop extensions
Clayton rear bump stop extensions
MC replacement bumpers
MC front and rear sway bar connects
Terraflex front brake line achors
Northridge grade 8 bolt kit
Terraflex Nexus steering damper (I may change my mind on this)
Synergy parking brake relocation braket
Falcon 2.1 shocks (for now)

Did I miss anything? Suggestions?
Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Shock mounts? MC uses an outboard shock mount on the front. They also offer a raised rear, but I haven’t used the rear one.

I’ve done the install of the 3.5” Gamechanger on mine as well as lots of other things. Is there any part you are wanting clarification on?

OP
OP
@CBEUnion

@CBEUnion

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU, 18 JL, 21 JL
Hey Mark. I was actually wondering about the shock mounts. I see in their kit that the rears arent included unless you run stock shocks (I think) But I thought about getting the front lowers.
Yeah I guess as far as clarification I am interested in hearing what someone who installed it found they wanted/ needed during/ after. I like having all my bases covered before I rip suspension parts off!! Hahaha!

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Shock mounts? MC uses an outboard shock mount on the front. They also offer a raised rear, but I haven’t used the rear one.

I’ve done the install of the 3.5” Gamechanger on mine as well as lots of other things. Is there any part you are wanting clarification on?
I believe he won't need the outboard shock mount unless he uses the rocksport shocks since they are 30" long extended.

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
i also don't think the teraflex brake anchors will work with the outboard shock mounts like you would want them to.

Sponsored

OP
OP
@CBEUnion

@CBEUnion

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU, 18 JL, 21 JL
i also don't think the teraflex brake anchors will work with the outboard shock mounts like you would want them to.
They should work, just not on the same bolt position as they would without the bracket kit. I was worried about that as well so I searched for a good shot of an install and can see I will need to move where they are connected. See that unused hole?

trra.jpg

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
They should work, just not on the same bolt position as they would without the bracket kit. I was worried about that as well so I searched for a good shot of an install and can see I will need to move where they are connected. See that unused hole?

trra.jpg
Where there is a will there is a way lol......I originally thought of using them and decided it would just be easier to do it the way the metalcloak instructions say

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I actually use the teraflex anchors with mine. I’ll snap a picture later and add it here. Works great. Moab tested several times!

For the rear shock mount, the advantage there would be you can run a shorter shock and you can also cut off some of the mount that hangs down.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

trra.jpg
I actually put it on what would be the inside of the original shock mount (near the control arm). So the other side of what this picture is showing.

Sponsored

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hey Mark. I was actually wondering about the shock mounts. I see in their kit that the rears arent included unless you run stock shocks (I think) But I thought about getting the front lowers.
Yeah I guess as far as clarification I am interested in hearing what someone who installed it found they wanted/ needed during/ after. I like having all my bases covered before I rip suspension parts off!! Hahaha!
Dunno if this is exactly what you're looking for but I posted a few of my tips starting at Post 108 here. The whole thread has some value, it's just kinda long
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-changer-lift-install-and-review.13860/page-8

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I just put together a lift using mostly Metalcloak parts and I'm wondering if anyone has installed a 3.5 lift from them, and has any advice. The parts list is;
MC LCA's
MC front and rear springs (3.5)
MC front and rear track bars
my home made front bump stop extensions
Clayton rear bump stop extensions
MC replacement bumpers
MC front and rear sway bar connects
Terraflex front brake line achors
Northridge grade 8 bolt kit
Terraflex Nexus steering damper (I may change my mind on this)
Synergy parking brake relocation braket
Falcon 2.1 shocks (for now)

Did I miss anything? Suggestions?
Caster is harder to dial in as precise with just LCA because you have to turn them 360° vs 180°. On their true dual lifts, MC does UCA which can be rotated 180°. I don’t mess with a parking brake relo bracket. Easy enough to just reroute the line.

I would suggest reevaluating your shock choice. MC runs a spring that pairs well with a matched shock or one that’s softer

Brett

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
MC gamechanger with Falcon shocks and Synergy steering components.

IMG_20200418_080750_058.jpg

IMG_20200415_214600_847.jpg

IMG_20200302_235934_424.jpg