First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler sahara
Occupation
Dental hygienist
Hello quick question how many of you are running 37s on your stock axles? Especially on your rubi? If so how many miles/kms have you done on them?
Sponsored

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
Almost 20K miles on mine.

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Hello quick question how many of you are running 37s on your stock axles? Especially on your rubi? If so how many miles/kms have you done on them?
I ran 37's on Fat Ninja @mgroeger (Miles when you sold it?) and Honey Badger (26k miles'ish) cross-country, wheeling all over the place. @UNC Rubicon has done the same on his Rubi. Only thing I broke was my rear driveshaft on Honey Badger (My error, however). Have no fear running a 37 on stock 44's. Wheel smart and you'll be fine.

Twist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR
IMO 37s are the upper limit of stock rubicon axles, but it depends on how you drive, and how heavy your jeep is. You could still be breaking and bending axles if you are loaded down, and/or using the skinny petal when wheeling.

If you upgrade the shafts, add trusses & gussets then you could go bigger. Certainly people out running 39s and 40s on stock-ish axles.

Personally I wouldn't put 37s on a dana 30 or dana 35 if you are planning to wheel at all. If you are sticking to the street, then it should be fine.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
All depends how you wheel. If you’re mellow you can even get away with larger. There are many people who run a stock axle on 40s without any issue. Bulletproof? No, but you’ll break anything with enough stupid.

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I ran 37's on Fat Ninja @mgroeger (Miles when you sold it?) and Honey Badger (26k miles'ish) cross-country, wheeling all over the place. @UNC Rubicon has done the same on his Rubi. Only thing I broke was my rear driveshaft on Honey Badger (My error, however). Have no fear running a 37 on stock 44's. Wheel smart and you'll be fine.
Had right around 50k miles on it but something to note, Fat Ninja had RCVs up front and around 37k had chromoly in the rear. Mud Muffin had bone stock D44s with 37s and very off set KMCs and had zero issues.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
5,000 miles so far on mine moderate wheeling so far. Been great.
Sponsored