Who's ordered 3.0 diesel? Share your build

BuffaloBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler, 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 2020 JLUR Ecodiesel
Ordered mine yesterday and got a VIN today. Looks like there are many of you ahead of me LOL. I got a little over 5% under MSRP, so not as good of a deal as some of you.

JeepConfig.jpg
Don’t feel bad about your deal. I traded a car against mine and accepted the high-end of KBB off invoice price. Am looking forward to it’s arrival!
Sponsored

TopDown2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Now that the diesel is available on the build site, its painfully obvious the Black and Tan was left out of the club. Any idea why? It was promised to be across all builds.

Hopsl

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
It’s from Peterson’s in Idaho but you are right I didn’t get steal bumpers either and it came to $49,700 plus tax. I think around 7%

8BDABDC1-AC74-4F2D-AADF-602D1CAD2518.jpeg
what is the Zone 70-Phoenix Arizona? Are you having the jeep shipped?

Sponsored

JackBNimble404

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(ordered) 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara - Diesel
Ordered mine yesterday and got a VIN today. Looks like there are many of you ahead of me LOL. I got a little over 5% under MSRP, so not as good of a deal as some of you.

Update: I joined Tread Lightly, so I will be now be getting 6% under MSRP. :)

JeepConfig.jpg
Well, I made a dealer pissed:angry:. I feel bad as they had already placed the order, but thanks to this forum I found the map of dealers with competitive pricing. I gave the 1st dealer a chance to match the price but they would only give me the Tread Lightly 1% below invoice.

Mall of Georgia Chrysler Dodge Jeep offered 6% below invoice (incl. Tread Lightly). I could have gotten 7% if I finance through them, but I doubt they can match my credit union's rate (2.88%).

So instead of the original price of $60,210. I'll be paying $55,776! (prices incl. taxes & fees) Saved me $4,434 from what I originally was going to pay! :party:

Thanks forum!!!!:clap:

SheddMan

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Well, I made a dealer pissed:angry:. I feel bad as they had already placed the order, but thanks to this forum I found the map of dealers with competitive pricing. I gave the 1st dealer a chance to match the price but they would only give me the Tread Lightly 1% below invoice.

Mall of Georgia Chrysler Dodge Jeep offered 6% below invoice (incl. Tread Lightly). I could have gotten 7% if I finance through them, but I doubt they can match my credit union's rate (2.88%).

So instead of the original price of $60,210. I'll be paying $55,776! (prices incl. taxes & fees) Saved me $4,434 from what I originally was going to pay! :party:

Thanks forum!!!!:clap:
Congrats. I have my diesel JLUR ordered placed with Mall of Georgia Jeep. So far they’ve been great.

chris4prez

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR
Congrats. I have my diesel JLUR ordered placed with Mall of Georgia Jeep. So far they’ve been great.
Anyone have a contact at Mall of Georgia Jeep that you know will play ball and hit that 7% below invoice they can message me? I'm having a horrible time finding someone in FL (Tampa area) that will give me that, unless someone knows someone in Florida that can hit that for me, please do feel free to message me.

JackBNimble404

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(ordered) 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara - Diesel
Anyone have a contact at Mall of Georgia Jeep that you know will play ball and hit that 7% below invoice they can message me? I'm having a horrible time finding someone in FL (Tampa area) that will give me that, unless someone knows someone in Florida that can hit that for me, please do feel free to message me.
Here is a link to the post with the competitive dealers:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/map-of-dealers-with-competitive-pricing.16315/

Click on the blue bubbles and it'll show the dealer info and % they have given.

It shows a dealer in Lakeland that does 7%

NOTE: Mall of GA was 7% if you finance through them, otherwise 6%. Both incl. 1% under invoice from joining Tread Lightly.

Last edited:

Sponsored

chris4prez

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
I only got 3% under but being in the Midwest it wasn't worth it to travel to the coast and drive back for another 2-3% from the discount dealers.

JMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, JLUR
I got 5% below invoice (not MSRP, invoice) on a JLUR Diesel order. I think people can get 7%, maybe 8% below invoice tops on non-diesels. But dealing on a diesel was a bit tougher at this point.

JRMedic19

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '14 Toyo Highlander, '19 Toyo Camry
Occupation
Wang-Jangler
Vehicle Showcase
I found a post somewhere here or on another forum where someones order status was updated to D1 late last week. For a JLUR diesel.

Anyone else getting that?

Also, I gotta ask. You guys/gals realize the dealer is not under obligation to honor the price they give you until delivery of your unit, right? Final closing price will be decided at the round table when you take delivery. Admittedly your dealer would be pretty terrible if they change terms but it's still in the realm of possibility and it clearly states this at the bottom of your order confirmation. Consider this, supply and demand for diesel models are very askew come delivery of these units. Dealers will watch for this and decide they don't want to off-load at such a bargain price knowing they can hold the rig and easily turn it around at a price near MSRP.

I bring this up purely so people are prepared. Be ready to negotiate and stand your ground when you go to pick up that sweet sweet prize. I can't wait for mine to be delivered. I've been waiting for this for a LONG time.

Last edited:

JRMedic19

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '14 Toyo Highlander, '19 Toyo Camry
Occupation
Wang-Jangler
Vehicle Showcase
I only got 3% under but being in the Midwest it wasn't worth it to travel to the coast and drive back for another 2-3% from the discount dealers.
I agree, In the grand scheme of things 1-3 percent is miniscule. If you can work it hell yeah, but cost v reward.
Sponsored