Who's ordered 3.0 diesel? Share your build

JeepVT

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
For those taking their Rubicons offroad....any braking concerns with the added vehicle weight on top of all the normal added weight?

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Anyone willing to share what they pay if they leased? I’m paying 564/mo for my JT Rubi, but looking to switch to a diesel. So far I haven’t been able to touch that payment no matter what the build.
Residuals are lower now, unfortunately -- a solid 10% below what they used to be for prior MY. I bought my new '21 JTRD, not entirely for that reason but it made the buy vs lease an easy decision, especially with tax credit.

I got in when the leasing (on my '19 JLUR) was good.... $60k MSRP ~$500 payment (I think it was $498) before tax $0 drive off. Even with that, I still had $5k in equity on trade 22 months (26k miles) into my lease of my JLUR -- granted did have a few $k in mods left on it, but nonetheless. Got $50k on trade for the '19 and the equiv of around 7% off sticker on the Gladiator Diesel on the lot (which was spec'd identical to how I would spec mine minus maybe the painted top, which is why I didn't order).

I think the lease on the JTRD would have been around $750 before taxes no drive off. So that's above 1% MSRP before taxes. So yeah, easy decision -- NO.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
For those taking their Rubicons offroad....any braking concerns with the added vehicle weight on top of all the normal added weight?
No concern here.
Sponsored