Wrangled

First Name
Suzanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL Mojito Green
Vehicle Showcase
I've been looking at gadget mounting systems lately and came across the Vector E-Track systems. I'm curious how you guys like these if you have one, what they look like installed and how they're actually anchored to the dash. Post pics and give me all your thoughts on them.
Sponsored

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
Sounds like crickets chirping ... come on, somebody has to have info to share with @Wrangled.

Let me add a little to the question please. The looks of the JK Vector dock (JKE-Dock 2011-2018) with the 1" diameter bar kind of grew on me. Was planning on installing one in my JL ... but, they changed the design ... manufacturers shouldn't fix stuff that isn't broken. My first impression of the new JL mount is not favorable ... personal opinion, you might disagree. For me it's too cluttered with fittings ... kind of an adult erector set.

What I'm hoping is that someone will get a 67 Designs' JL Mount Rail Edition soon and post a review with better pictures than the manufacturer has posted right now.

JL Mount - 67.png

It looks a lot cleaner and will be enough for the couple of units I'll hang off it. Looks like you have to give up the dash tray, but that's not important for me. Still have the 67 Designs' Jl Mount "The Driver" kicking around in the back of my mind as a consideration.

OP
OP
Wrangled

Wrangled

First Name
Suzanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What I'm hoping is that someone will get a 67 Designs' JL Mount Rail Edition soon and post a review with better pictures than the manufacturer has posted right now.

JL Mount - 67.png

It looks a lot cleaner and will be enough for the couple of units I'll hang off it. Looks like you have to give up the dash tray, but that's not important for me. Still have the 67 Designs' Jl Mount "The Driver" kicking around in the back of my mind as a consideration.
I was looking at that too but had no clue what it was or how it mounts... yes, due to horrible photos :-/

imapseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Hella Yella Rubicon
I bought one of the prototypes with the ball mounts they now sell. It’s in a box sitting at my house and I’m gone for another week. If you give me about 1.5 weeks I’ll be installing it and testing it out :)

Olyclimber

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLUR , 1972 Waggy
Vehicle Showcase
Just installed mine today. Very easy, remove the rubber tray liner to access two screws underneath. I'd suggest being careful how torque you put on the screws when reinstalling. Not sure what they're threaded into.

IMG-2307.JPG

IMG-2309.JPG

IMG-2310.JPG

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wrangled

Wrangled

First Name
Suzanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just installed mine today. Very easy, remove the rubber tray liner to access two screws underneath. I'd suggest being careful how torque you put on the screws when reinstalling. Not sure what they're threaded into.

IMG-2307.JPG

IMG-2309.JPG

IMG-2310.JPG
Ok I understand now what those two longer pieces were for. Strange that the whole unit is only secured by those two screws though. I was under the impression that those screws were only seated in the plastic and not in any nut behind it. Does it feel fairly secure?

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

They have a waiting list, but they yesterday reached out and I’ve got my order placed. Not sure how long it will take to ship. I’ll certainly post pictures when I get it.

Sponsored

Olyclimber

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLUR , 1972 Waggy
Vehicle Showcase
Ok I understand now what those two longer pieces were for. Strange that the whole unit is only secured by those two screws though. I was under the impression that those screws were only seated in the plastic and not in any nut behind it. Does it feel fairly secure?
It seems secure, most weight will sit on the dash. I don’t have anything mounted to it yet but will update periodically. It will have two phones and an iPad mounted soon.

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
Just installed this dock from S-POD. Haven’t mounted anything on it. No drilling. Drops right in.

1DA0E68B-4E5A-4399-A856-6B038EA6ABB2.jpeg
Nice. I went to their site and found nothing like this. Link?

RAZA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara, Granite Crystal
Vehicle Showcase
These were never released. Let me see if I can get a hold of some for you guys if you're interested. Just send me a PM.
PM sent!
Sponsored