Sponsored

Who's charging their 4xe at a public Tesla station?

Steemax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4xE
Started to purchase the Lectron charge adapter on Amazon but found these fIve reviews and having second thoughts:

Causes CEL and errors
Reviewed in the United States on June 7, 2021
Color: White
Sadly, this adapter causes errors with my vehicle. It still charges, but it causes the check engine light to come on and causes an error code. The car manufacturer and dealer have advised to stop using, or I risk the warranty being voided. Jeep 4xe.

Does not charge a Jeep 4xe. Blue fault every time.
Reviewed in the United States on December 5, 202
1Color: White

Although this product might work with other vehicles, it does not work with the 2021 Jeep 4xe. When I plugged it in I got blue fault each time I tried. I was hopeful.

Does not work with Jeep 4xe
Reviewed in the United States on February 20, 2022
Does not work with Jeep 4xe!

It did not work. The 4xe dashboard said ā€œ something wrong with external chargerā€
Reviewed in the United States on September 24, 2021
Did not work

Lectern did not work
Reviewed in the United States on November 16, 2021
I bought this product to charge me Sahara xe at destination chargers. The product would connect from my vehicle to the Tesla units but would not charge.
I can confirm this specific adaptor works on both our 4XE's... used daily on my dads 4XE using their Tesla wall charger. We didn't need to change any dip switches on the Tesla charger out of the box by the way. This is for the charger at my parents house (I have a Grizzle at my place).

https://www.amazon.com/Lectron-Char...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl
Sponsored

MallBrawler

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JKR, '21 JLUR, '21 Tesla MYP, '22 4XE ordered
Occupation
Jeep Caretaker
You have to open it up
OK, I'll do that when the 4XE arrives if not ask a few Tesla groups. Going on 6 months, this order!

Ron93YJ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I imagine youā€™d be pissing a lot of people off by pulling into a public Tesla charging space to charge the 4xe. Especially if spaces are limited. Iā€™m not sure why I still feel so dirty charging the 4xe in public.

Donp

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 2022 4xe Rubi
Occupation
Retired
I imagine youā€™d be pissing a lot of people off by pulling into a public Tesla charging space to charge the 4xe. Especially if spaces are limited. Iā€™m not sure why I still feel so dirty charging the 4xe in public.
Hahaha. Booo-yah!! Itā€™s a free country. Get in line behind my Jeep.

Donp

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Does anyone know if you have to have a Tesla account to use their charger? If not, how do you pay?

Sponsored

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
Does anyone know if you have to have a Tesla account to use their charger? If not, how do you pay?
The destination chargers don't usually charge. It's the superchargers that cost, but you can't use them.

Donp

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Oh wow, I never expected that. Now if it only works šŸ˜„šŸ˜„šŸ˜„

hybrid_eg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'90 S13, 22 MS Plaid, '23 JLUR 4xe
This is great! I hope there is no issue using this charger on MY23.. i just dont want to add another wall charger when i already had a Tesla wall charger for last few years..

NebulaPHEVJeep

First Name
Nebula
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR 4xe
Started to purchase the Lectron charge adapter on Amazon but found these fIve reviews and having second thoughts:

Causes CEL and errors
Reviewed in the United States on June 7, 2021
Sadly, this adapter causes errors with my vehicle. It still charges, but it causes the check engine light to come on and causes an error code. The car manufacturer and dealer have advised to stop using, or I risk the warranty being voided. Jeep 4xe.

Does not charge a Jeep 4xe. Blue fault every time.
Reviewed in the United States on December 5, 202
1Color: White

Although this product might work with other vehicles, it does not work with the 2021 Jeep 4xe. When I plugged it in I got blue fault each time I tried. I was hopeful.

Does not work with Jeep 4xe
Reviewed in the United States on February 20, 2022
Does not work with Jeep 4xe!

It did not work. The 4xe dashboard said ā€œ something wrong with external chargerā€
Reviewed in the United States on September 24, 2021
Did not work

Lectern did not work
Reviewed in the United States on November 16, 2021
I bought this product to charge me Sahara xe at destination chargers. The product would connect from my vehicle to the Tesla units but would not charge.
Can confirm, the Lectron Adapters DO NOT work with 2022 4xe - just gives the Blue Light error.

Dabrakeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara 4xe
As many 4XE owner's will look through this thread...I will mention something many 4XE owner's are unaware of ....and might want to know about.....

In Google Maps, under Settings>Electric vehicle settings you will find.... this....

Jeep Wrangler JL Who's charging their 4xe at a public Tesla station? 1660672539990
It seems to miss many available locations of the selected plug type. Don't know if a database thing or contractual?? PlugShare works best for me.
Sponsored