Sponsored

Who's attending 2019 Easter Jeep Safari!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shotcoach

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
As I understand it the following are up for Poison Spider Wednesday the 17th:

@Martindfletcher , @walweb, @American Jeeper , @rustyshakelford, @JL_John, @shotcoach, MAYBE @Kevin8086

This is an off day for EJS on Poison Spider. Ideally we have at least 3 jeeps, minimum two, but if no one shows up I am going anyway. LOL.

We discussed meeting 8/8:30ish rolling by 9:00 or earlier then we can discuss whether we hit golden spike and the other trail north to get to the road or if we do the Poison Spider Loop or need to turn around. It's roughly 2 hours to get to Golden Spike without the Poison Spider Loop.

Anyone else who wants to come please reply, bring food and drinks as if we decide to head up through golden spike its a long day.

Anyone have issues with rolling at 8:30?
I’m good with rolling at 8:30! -Doug
Sponsored

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase

@Martindfletcher , @walweb, @American Jeeper , @rustyshakelford, @JL_John, @shotcoach, MAYBE @Kevin8086

This is an off day for EJS on Poison Spider. Ideally we have at least 3 jeeps, minimum two, but if no one shows up I am going anyway. LOL.

We discussed meeting 8/8:30ish rolling by 9:00 or earlier then we can discuss whether we hit golden spike and the other trail north to get to the road or if we do the Poison Spider Loop or need to turn around. It's roughly 2 hours to get to Golden Spike without the Poison Spider Loop.

Anyone else who wants to come please reply, bring food and drinks as if we decide to head up through golden spike its a long day.

I’ll be there with bells on :like:

xtopherm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HellaYella 2019 JLUR
The guys at northridge4x4 ran the numbers and with the double OD 6 speed they are saying it’ll be around 22-2300 at 70mph. Would also make it easier on the driveline to turn those big tires and allow the possibility of upgrading to 38s or 40s down the road. I’ve made some changes to the build already and need to start a build thread. It’s safe to say metalcloak will be receiving a ton money from us!

4.88s are a possibility but at 2000 rpm I think the Jeep would be a little flat and would be down shifting a lot more.

Brett
I have to say, on the manual, my 6th gear feels really tall with just 35's. With 37's I think it would be useless with anything but an empty unloaded Jeep going downhill. Not sure whether you need 4.88s or 5.13s, but (1) you'll definitely need something (2) the future proofing for possible 38's is clever and (3) this six-speed manual has looooong legs, so even with 5.13s it would probably still be able to cruise at pretty manageable RPMs at 75+ mph.

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL

There is a small chance we will be in the area to hook up. I will be in Death Valley March 21-24, but am coming home and leaving again April 1-20th. Probably will already have been there ahead of crowd.
What radios are you running that I may reach out on?

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
There is a small chance we will be in the area to hook up. I will be in Death Valley March 21-24, but am coming home and leaving again April 1-20th. Probably will already have been there ahead of crowd.
What radios are you running that I may reach out on?
I have a quad band ham.

Sponsored

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I have to say, on the manual, my 6th gear feels really tall with just 35's. With 37's I think it would be useless with anything but an empty unloaded Jeep going downhill. Not sure whether you need 4.88s or 5.13s, but (1) you'll definitely need something (2) the future proofing for possible 38's is clever and (3) this six-speed manual has looooong legs, so even with 5.13s it would probably still be able to cruise at pretty manageable RPMs at 75+ mph.
I ended up ordering 5.13 gears in November. Installed them in dec I think. Now have close to 3k on them and 37s and feel they are the perfect match for the 6 speed. 70 is around 2450ish. Mileage is 16-19

Love the combo

Brett

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
I think one of the guys from Midwest has CB. I always thought with CB especially offroad you had to be fairly close to contact.
I’ll be running a CB as well. Assume we will have scarce to no cell coverage

Sponsored

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR

walweb

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR Mojito, 1993 YJ, 2001 Ram 2500, 2012 Ram Dually , 2014 Durango
Occupation
Retired
double checking again, anyone up for hole n the rocks on monday the 13th? Or better yet, any day?
↑

RubiRob
I may have missed a post where you replied, but you could probably hook up with us on Tuesday for Poison Spider

walweb

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR Mojito, 1993 YJ, 2001 Ram 2500, 2012 Ram Dually , 2014 Durango
Occupation
Retired
I modified my reservations so we will be in Moab Monday afternoon thru Saturday, instead of Tuesday afternoon thru Sunday. I will be up for whatever the group wants to do on Tuesday also.

Update on Jeep, it is either on the train or scheduled to be on the train with a March 4 offload in Rolla Co. Then I need my Dealer to see if he can finaggle somebody to transport from Denver Co. to Craig Co.
I also just got word that my Rock Krawler 2.5 X-Factor lift just showed up. Still waiting on Expedition One to finish up my bumpers and rock slider, they called yesterday to confirm some details, so I am thinking they should be finished up soon. BeadLock rings are at paint shop getting painted (Mojito of course), 37" Ridge Grapplers are in, Superwinch EXP 12, and Sunrider are all in, just waiting for the Big Green Monster.... or soon to be Big Green Monster. ;)
So..... new update on my Jeep
It arrived at the Rolla Co. rail yard on Feb 25th and has been sitting there since.... With all of the snow and avalanches in the high country, they won't load and deliver to Craig (which I understand). The weather forecast is for more snow thru Monday.
hopefully they get a break in weather long enough to get it loaded and delivered.

WIJLU

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
↑

RubiRob
I may have missed a post where you replied, but you could probably hook up with us on Tuesday for Poison Spider

I'm tentative for Poison Spider on Wednesday...I should be free and able to make it.

Also, I'd like to run Top of the World one day...looks like it's open on Monday and Tuesday. Anyone interested in Top of the World on one of those days?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.