Sponsored

Who's attending 2019 Easter Jeep Safari!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I'm still looking for a group that would like to do Top of the World on Tuesday or Thursday. I know it's a half hour out of town, but that's not too bad...

Monday could also work if that's what a group needs...
I woulda done it with you but I'm doing it Sunday with RR4W :-(
Sponsored

303rider

First Name
Soleil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Let me start with I know this is a dumb question but I am looking for opinions.

I was not planning to go to EJS and I did not plan ahead or sign up. Things have freed of a bit and I might be able to go out for a couple day at the start.

Most of the trails are sold out at this point. The drive is not long for me as I am in Denver. I am a new Jeep owner this year and was hoping to check out this event.

Do you think it is worth driving out for the first weekend if most of the trail rides are sold?

walweb

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR Mojito, 1993 YJ, 2001 Ram 2500, 2012 Ram Dually , 2014 Durango
Occupation
Retired
Let me start with I know this is a dumb question but I am looking for opinions.

I was not planning to go to EJS and I did not plan ahead or sign up. Things have freed of a bit and I might be able to go out for a couple day at the start.

Most of the trails are sold out at this point. The drive is not long for me as I am in Denver. I am a new Jeep owner this year and was hoping to check out this event.

Do you think it is worth driving out for the first weekend if most of the trail rides are sold?
Go.... there are trails open on certain days. The hard part might be getting a room (unless you plan on camping).
There are a bunch of us from the JL Forum that are meeting up and doing some trails (not with EJS runs)
check out the thread "Who's going to Easter Jeep Safari"
If you have never been to Moab or EJS, you should go it's always fun hanging with other Jeepers and just watching all of the rigs.

walweb

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Go.... there are trails open on certain days. The hard part might be getting a room (unless you plan on camping).
There are a bunch of us from the JL Forum that are meeting up and doing some trails (not with EJS runs)
check out the thread "Who's attending 2019 Easter Jeep Safari"
If you have never been to Moab or EJS, you should go it's always fun hanging with other Jeepers and just watching all of the rigs.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/whos-attending-2019-easter-jeep-safari.16031/unread

Sponsored

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
It’s a hoot. I went for several years before I even had a Jeep, just to watch people do amazing things with vehicles,and spectacularly break them, when I lived nearby in Grand Junction CO.
If I were you I’d go.

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Getting excited. Going to buy a power tank on Thursday but using an arb till then. We’re scratching the thought of doing the rubicon trail now since the snow will still be terrible. Hopefully we can get on some Colorado trails on our way home

Brett

walweb

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I agree let’s get a new confirmation reply for Tuesday/Wednesday. Wednesday is poison spider and hopefully we can tack on on or 2 of the neighboring trails to get to the top. Tuesday I am cool with wheatever the crew fancies prefereably something open from ejs, and to far from townI may have got confused between steel bender and metal masher. Thursday I am trying to squeak in hells revenge and fins but I expect a busy cluster. Good thing Utah beer is light, We can send a pm around with mobile numbers.
Count us in for Steel Bender Tuesday, Poison Spider & more on Wednesday. Will likely run something with the group on Thursday, Martin is talking about Hell's Revenge and Fins n Things Thursday which we will probably be up for. That will leave Friday for the Vendor Show.
Alan
She's done... (well almost...) my Tazer JL will be here today so I can adjust for tire size and tire pressures. Here are some pics before the mud flap install. All I lack is building a stinger to protect spare tire and I need to decide if I keep the mud flaps on it. I had to put the flaps on due to living out of town on a dirt road and the tires were trashing out the rig...I just worry that the flaps will get hung up and or ripped off on a rock or between tire and rock while backing.
upload_2019-4-5_8-52-22.png

upload_2019-4-5_8-50-25.png

upload_2019-4-5_8-43-52.png

upload_2019-4-5_8-44-31.png

walweb

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I agree let’s get a new confirmation reply for Tuesday/Wednesday. Wednesday is poison spider and hopefully we can tack on on or 2 of the neighboring trails to get to the top. Tuesday I am cool with wheatever the crew fancies prefereably something open from ejs, and to far from townI may have got confused between steel bender and metal masher. Thursday I am trying to squeak in hells revenge and fins but I expect a busy cluster. Good thing Utah beer is light, We can send a pm around with mobile numbers.
PM with contact info sent to Martin.

Sponsored

WIJLU

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Count us in for Steel Bender Tuesday, Poison Spider & more on Wednesday. Will likely run something with the group on Thursday, Martin is talking about Hell's Revenge and Fins n Things Thursday which we will probably be up for. That will leave Friday for the Vendor Show.
Alan
She's done... (well almost...) my Tazer JL will be here today so I can adjust for tire size and tire pressures. Here are some pics before the mud flap install. All I lack is building a stinger to protect spare tire and I need to decide if I keep the mud flaps on it. I had to put the flaps on due to living out of town on a dirt road and the tires were trashing out the rig...I just worry that the flaps will get hung up and or ripped off on a rock or between tire and rock while backing.

Really like the rear bumper/tire carrier combo. Who makes it?

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Alan

Turned out great! I’d remove the mud flaps for wheeling though!

Any thoughts on Colorado trails that would be open on the way home from ejs?

Brett

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
testing the steer smart stuff for clearance, I had it right, the alignment shop didn’t align the clamps right. Will fix tomorrow, hit some trails and be ready for Moab.

I will PM cell number. Anyone using vhf/uhf besides me and rustyfordshackle?

82FE6BF2-7EC4-4772-B23F-7F903E76188E.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.