Sponsored

Whoops. Don’t mention 7% until after the test drive.

RastaPasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Thanks for the reply.

Curious how you have access to those numbers?

I already purchased a 19 Sport S Unlimited Altitude for ~11% below invoice.
Damn that's solid. Where are you getting 11% below invoice?
Sponsored

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Damn that's solid. Where are you getting 11% below invoice?
Ganley Village in Painesville, OH.

Their online advertised price was 7% below invoice. I got an additional discount based on knowing the right person.

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Check you rear view mirror when pull out of the dealers lot. You stole that Jeep @11% under invoice.

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Check you rear view mirror when pull out of the dealers lot. You stole that Jeep @11% under invoice.
It really was too good of a deal to pass up.

We were super fortunate to know the right person.

I also got a premium soft top a month later for 1800 out the door.

Checked my rearview for that also!

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
My favorite story was last weekend - I took a test drive and then was ready to order, gave them a list of my preferred options, and let them know about other out of state dealers I was talking to and their general deals (e.g. 5-7% off invoice). The dealer is listed on the "dealer map" as generally giving a 5% discount, although they had agreed to take 6% off invoice for one of their in-stock models.

The sales guy writes up the deal, brings me the order sheet showing exactly MSRP, and says "sign here and we can order it". I said "great, but at what price? You are showing MSRP." He looks at me like - what, you want a discount? He actually was proposing we start at MSRP.

Then he asks "well, what are you proposing?" I say 7% off invoice. He comes back after 10 minutes with 4% off invoice, last best and final. I walk.

Next day, he calls me. "Where are we at" I say I can get over 7%. He says that's a good deal, we can't compete, you should take the deal.

Call the out-out-state dealer and in no time I have their offered quote of 7.5% off invoice. The difference is over $1500. The cost of a flight to the out-of-state dealer is $100 and a 7 hour trip home through some of the best roads on the West Coast.

No contest. Road trip it is!

Sponsored

AJ_4xE

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Ganley Village in Painesville, OH.

Their online advertised price was 7% below invoice. I got an additional discount based on knowing the right person.
Hey, Can you give us a reference to your contact?

EnjoyLife

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Larado
My favorite story was last weekend - I took a test drive and then was ready to order, gave them a list of my preferred options, and let them know about other out of state dealers I was talking to and their general deals (e.g. 5-7% off invoice). The dealer is listed on the "dealer map" as generally giving a 5% discount, although they had agreed to take 6% off invoice for one of their in-stock models.

The sales guy writes up the deal, brings me the order sheet showing exactly MSRP, and says "sign here and we can order it". I said "great, but at what price? You are showing MSRP." He looks at me like - what, you want a discount? He actually was proposing we start at MSRP.

Then he asks "well, what are you proposing?" I say 7% off invoice. He comes back after 10 minutes with 4% off invoice, last best and final. I walk.

Next day, he calls me. "Where are we at" I say I can get over 7%. He says that's a good deal, we can't compete, you should take the deal.

Call the out-out-state dealer and in no time I have their offered quote of 7.5% off invoice. The difference is over $1500. The cost of a flight to the out-of-state dealer is $100 and a 7 hour trip home through some of the best roads on the West Coast.

No contest. Road trip it is!
This is what I did. The closest in St. Louis was 3%. I got 8% with Tread Lightly for $2,500 difference. 2 one-way tickets for $138 each and my wife will finally get to visit DC for a few days and we can stop in at a few bourbon distilleries in Kentucky on the way home :)

Thenewjs

First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Accord
This is what I did. The closest in St. Louis was 3%. I got 8% with Tread Lightly for $2,500 difference. 2 one-way tickets for $138 each and my wife will finally get to visit DC for a few days and we can stop in at a few bourbon distilleries in Kentucky on the way home :)
Crazy everyone is coming to DC to purchase, with my luck I won't be able to make get the deal and I live in DC.