Sponsored

Whoops. Don’t mention 7% until after the test drive.

Skullfreak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Jeep Sahara
Don't call Fitzpatrick. Email Mark at [email protected] with your build and he will bet back to you. You will have much more success, but bear in mind that he is in the process of delivering many of the group buy units in the next 2 weeks, so he will be busy.
I did a week ago.
So then I called and got the 55k otd on a 52k msrp rubicon
Sponsored

OP
OP
DocTwinkie

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
So my local dealer here said they’d be willing to match. I’m not ready to pull the trigger but if they do I’ll post them. They are in Columbus so not too far.

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
I am a tad confused by this. it sounds like you were negotiating either lease or finance terms rather than the out the door price of the vehicle. That strategy can have its own set of dangers.
Negative. I WILL NOT EVER lease a vehicle again. Been there, done that. I put too many miles and too many dings on my vehicles. The negotiation was for purchase only. Interestingly, they offered me a lease at the very same monthly cost that I ended up with for ownership.

When you don’t need a vehicle, there really is no danger to negotiation. If you need a vehicle, yes, negotiating for a monthly price rather than total cost can be dangerous. But as aforementioned in one of my previous posts, if you have your game together you can lower the total price by negotiating monthly cost. I negotiated the overall cost first, THEN used monthly terms to lower it further. Having an over-800 credit score and a decent debt to income ratio definitely helps.

You make them work for the close. You shouldn’t have to work for the close.

Midwestguy

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Got one easier/better....I called Kent at Peterson in Nampa, ID and got a price below dealer cost (march 2019) on a special order JLUR. No haggling. Not kidding. First vehicle Ive ever bought new/ever ordered. One way flight to ID and a beautiful drive home. With the deal I got teamed up with the wheel/tire/accessories I added....Im still smiling to this day:rock:

43C7A4CA-7075-4BF3-B9EB-F8BE92EC2117.jpeg

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Got one easier/better....I called Kent at Peterson in Nampa, ID and got a price below dealer cost (march 2019) on a special order JLUR. No haggling. Not kidding. First vehicle Ive ever bought new/ever ordered. One way flight to ID and a beautiful drive home. With the deal I got teamed up with the wheel/tire/accessories I added....Im still smiling to this day:rock:

43C7A4CA-7075-4BF3-B9EB-F8BE92EC2117.jpeg

Below dealer cost?? Or, below invoice?

If below dealer cost, how did you find out their cost?

Sponsored

Midwestguy

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Below dealer cost?? Or, below invoice?

If below dealer cost, how did you find out their cost?
Dealer cost. I have access to those numbers.

Give Kent a call...you have absolutely nothing to lose

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Dealer cost. I have access to those numbers.

Give Kent a call...you have absolutely nothing to lose
Thanks for the reply.

Curious how you have access to those numbers?

I already purchased a 19 Sport S Unlimited Altitude for ~11% below invoice.

TowDawg

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon Unlimited, BMW 535M, Dodge Viper, Hummer H1, race cars, motorhome, general toys.
I get a new company vehicle every year, that the company itself orders, so I usually go to the dealership, ask for the sales manager, and tell him up front that I’m getting ready to order a new one through my company and just want to drive some different options (4 cyl vs 6 cyl, interior colors, etc) and that I don’t want to waste a poor salesman’s time since I won’t be buying through the dealership. They just find some random employee to ride with me, or just hand me the keys to what I want to drive. I’ve never had any of them take issue with it and appreciate me not wasting someone’s time who could be making a sale for the dealership.

NWGN515

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar F Type R
Many dealers post on here 7-8% under invoice on orders. Criswell in Maryland being one of the most popular.

It’s a weird scenario where I know I’m likely not going to buy local. If they can’t match at least 7% (brown in VA is doing 8% with tread lightly) there’s no way I’m buying there. Road trip with the buddies is worth a few grand. Around here about invoice is the norm.

That said I’m not driving to Maryland to test drive so I still need the dealers here to drive. I’ve driven a 3.6 rubicon with the 8 speed. I’d like to drive a manual and a 2.0. Is also like to drive a Gladiator. There are many other dealers around here so I’ll go to another and not mention anything until after my drives. I’d love to buy local, but I’m not paying more to do so.

I get he doesn’t want me to waste his time. I offered to try to set up a group buy on here but they aren’t interested. Which is totally fine. They sell enough at the prices they set. That said they do have the engine/transmissions I am looking for, not the exact build and options so they do have what I want to test drive. Not my fault their prices suck. I though maybe since I was a loyal customer with a work discount I could be up front. I’m pretty honest. Nope.

I just thought it was a funny story.
I just ordered a JLR Punkin from Koons in Arlington, I got more than 7%, closer to fifteen. 44k MSRP, paying 38. Might want to give them a look.

EnjoyLife

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Larado
I just ordered a JLR Punkin from Koons in Arlington, I got more than 7%, closer to fifteen. 44k MSRP, paying 38. Might want to give them a look.
DocTwinkie was talking 8% off of invoice, which is just over 13% off of MSRP. I believe that you were talking close to 15% off of MSRP. If you are paying 38k for 44k MSRP, that is 13.65% off of MSRP, which is close to 8% off of invoice.

Sponsored

Midwestguy

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Thanks for the reply.

Curious how you have access to those numbers?

I already purchased a 19 Sport S Unlimited Altitude for ~11% below invoice.

have a buddy who happens to own a dealership

Then you did about the same- good work!

OP
OP
DocTwinkie

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
My build and goal. If I can get for less great but I think this would be a good deal no? Unsure on color.

Jeep JLUR Build

$53290 invoice.

8% under: $49027

Invoice cost and codes:

JLUR CODE 23 DEM

3.6 V6 6spd Manual

Destination

17X7.5 BLACK WHLS W MACHINED LIP

886 WGR

8.4" RADIO AND PREMIUM AUDIO GROUP 1,420 AEK

ADVANCED SAFETY GROUP

708 ALP

ALPINE PREMIUM AUDIO SYSTEM

INCLUDED W/AEK

COLD WEATHER GROUP W/DEM

619 ADE

LED LIGHTING GROUP

886 AD6

REMOTE PROXIMITY KEYLESS ENTRY

441 GXD

SAFETY GROUP W/AD6

797 AJ1

SKY ONE-TOUCH POWER TOP

3,556 STJ

TRAILER TOW AND HD ELECTRICAL GROUP 708 ADH

MOPAR HINGE-GATE REINFORCEMENT

601 XDB

LEATHER TRIMMED BUCKET SEATS DARK SADDLE

1,331 ALTV

MOJITO! CLEAR COAT

PGE

PUNK'N METALLIC CLEAR COAT

PE4

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
How is this “closer to 15%” off invoice?

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
If you want to do a test drive local but don't want to have to play the game, rent a Jeep from Enterprise or some other rental company. My wife wanted to do an extended test drive so I went to one, told them what I wanted and that I wanted it as a test drive for my wife so dates weren't an issue. The guy called me two days later and I went with her to pick it up for a two day test drive. There was no pressure and we got to drive it for a couple of days of real-world driving, doing what we normally do to see if it would work for her instead of once around the block.
Agreed. I like to know a vehicle very well before dropping 30+ grand. Driving around for 10 minutes or so doesn't really cut it. Rental is a good idea, except sometimes the rental agency will only offer a category of vehicle such as SUV, so you might need to work with them as mentioned to get an actual JL.

Also some folks suggested $2000 is not much savings in the scheme of things? Man $2000 is a lot of savings. Getting nicked a dollar here and a dollar there, eventually turns into real money. Lose that mindset and get a handle on spending!

NWGN515

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar F Type R
DocTwinkie was talking 8% off of invoice, which is just over 13% off of MSRP. I believe that you were talking close to 15% off of MSRP. If you are paying 38k for 44k MSRP, that is 13.65% off of MSRP, which is close to 8% off of invoice.
Yeah, thats my fault, I didnt read down far enough to see he was talking about off invoice.
Sponsored