Sponsored

Who would be interested in a HEATED Oculus LED Headlight option?

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Question for anyone who has
The heated lens will cost $695.95 and still have a 2 year warranty like the standard Oculus Headlights. The life expectancy for any LED light is 60,000+ hours. The lens material will be polycarbonate like the Oculus series we have now.

The design is 100% plug and play and no additional wiring required for the heating element. Integrated temperature sensors are built into the lights and the lights include a small status LED to tell you when the heater element is on.
It would be nice to have a 3 year warranty that matches the OEM. Any idea of what the life expectancy is of the heater components? Whats the price difference between the heated and non-heated version?

Thanks for the very prompt replies.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Question for anyone who has

It would be nice to have a 3 year warranty that matches the OEM. Any idea of what the life expectancy is of the heater components? Whats the price difference between the heated and non-heated version?

Thanks for the very prompt replies.
All Oracle Lighting products have a 1-2 year warranty, we do not match OEM warranties.

This is the same type of ceramic heater found in any other heated headlights. Its a filament so as long as the path is not disrupted it will continue to work.

The standard white Oculus is $589.50 and the heated Oculus is $695.95.

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
How we looking @ORACLElights? Cold weather will be here soon and I need some MODs, help me out! Any potential discounted group buys?

Karnak

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL 3.6 Sport S - 2 door
Occupation
government
Vehicle Showcase
How we looking @ORACLElights? Cold weather will be here soon and I need some MODs, help me out! Any potential discounted group buys?
I was in contact with them just a few days ago actually regarding these and was told to watch the forums for an official release hopefully soon with a possibility of a group buy at a significant discount.

Optical TDI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Looking forward to these! 9” I hope - didn’t read the entire thread.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Will they be ready by December before winter gets bad?
Right now, it's looking like an official release sometime around November or December this year.

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, let’s get this going. I don’t want for Xmas, I want before Xmas….like, when I can use them :)

Silvertoy

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
Just an FYI, I had an issue on my 2021 TJ sport S everytime the temp was low enough to engage my heating elements - Computer would shut the headlights off, must've thought they were shorted when it saw the increased current draw. I also did not reflash the ecu for LEDs, so that could have been a contributor. Will there'll be a separate power supply for the heating element other than the main bulb power?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Karnak

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
government
Vehicle Showcase
Would love to have these but i really hope they can release these sooner than later. I’m affraid of them pushing this passed the “hopefully” timeframes of just before christmas because of the way everything is delayed nowadays and sometimes multiple times in a row.

its getting dark sooner and earlier with autumn and i drive a lot at night now because if my shifts and i jeed better eyes…;)

Would be nice at least if you could put them up on the website and put them on pre-order with group buy rebate option from the forum members.

victorbaars

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I am one of the owners of these new heated headlights. Oculus was nice and sold me one set with 10% discount for testing.
My first thought: I have LED factory lights, and the quality of light is much better than Oculus. Oculus has this blueish cheap hint in the light color, and the edge of the light pattern is a mess - rainbow looking edge. I am not a fan of it. Also, the overall amount of light is less than factory lights. I had to replace it back with factory lights, probably oculus will be my winter set, but I am definitely glad that I didn't sell my OEM. If you are moving from Halogen on your jeep - it will be a great improvement, but if you already have LED OEM you will be disappointed. Unfortunately, Jeep didn't think about winters when they created their LEDs, I wouldn't be even looking for aftermarket lights

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
I am one of the owners of these new heated headlights. Oculus was nice and sold me one set with 10% discount for testing.
My first thought: I have LED factory lights, and the quality of light is much better than Oculus. Oculus has this blueish cheap hint in the light color, and the edge of the light pattern is a mess - rainbow looking edge. I am not a fan of it. Also, the overall amount of light is less than factory lights. I had to replace it back with factory lights, probably oculus will be my winter set, but I am definitely glad that I didn't sell my OEM. If you are moving from Halogen on your jeep - it will be a great improvement, but if you already have LED OEM you will be disappointed. Unfortunately, Jeep didn't think about winters when they created their LEDs, I wouldn't be even looking for aftermarket lights

Hi Victor, we are disappointed to hear that. We were hoping you would be able to provide us private feedback in your agreement to be a beta tester for us. We've received thousands on 5-star reviews on the original Oculus from Jeep owners with both types of OEM lights.

If we can, we'd like to clarify a few things. It sounds like you may need to adjust the lights to have the correct cutoff and fill. The Oculus should provide better lighting than both OEM halogen and OEM LED. Here are the instructions to do so:
  1. Park the Jeep 15-20ft. away from a wall on a flat surface.
  2. Measure from the ground to the center of each headlight.
  3. Mark the same height on the wall with tape.
  4. Locate the adjuster bolt on the back of headlight covered by a rubber cap.
  5. Aim the cutoff line to meet the marked spot on the wall using the supplied tool.

wall_test_1_1024x1024.jpg

In regards to the "bluish" light, you can see this in promotional images. The color that you're seeing is called a color flicker. This detail is actually a desirable aesthetic feature of projector lights. This thin band of colorful light across the top of the beam's cutoff line enhances the visual appeal as the vehicle passes. This is normal; and as long as the lights are aimed correctly, it does not affect the safety and performance of the light.

5839-504_L_1024x1024.jpg

victorbaars

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Hi Victor, we are disappointed to hear that. We were hoping you would be able to provide us private feedback in your agreement to be a beta tester for us. We've received thousands on 5-star reviews on the original Oculus from Jeep owners with both types of OEM lights.

If we can, we'd like to clarify a few things. It sounds like you may need to adjust the lights to have the correct cutoff and fill. The Oculus should provide better lighting than both OEM halogen and OEM LED. Here are the instructions to do so:
  1. Park the Jeep 15-20ft. away from a wall on a flat surface.
  2. Measure from the ground to the center of each headlight.
  3. Mark the same height on the wall with tape.
  4. Locate the adjuster bolt on the back of headlight covered by a rubber cap.
  5. Aim the cutoff line to meet the marked spot on the wall using the supplied tool.

Jeep Wrangler JL Who would be interested in a HEATED Oculus LED Headlight option? 5839-504_L_1024x1024

In regards to the "bluish" light, you can see this in promotional images. The color that you're seeing is called a color flicker. This detail is actually a desirable aesthetic feature of projector lights. This thin band of colorful light across the top of the beam's cutoff line enhances the visual appeal as the vehicle passes. This is normal; and as long as the lights are aimed correctly, it does not affect the safety and performance of the light.

Jeep Wrangler JL Who would be interested in a HEATED Oculus LED Headlight option? 5839-504_L_1024x1024
Hi, don't get me wrong, I didn't mean any offence to you, I just share my feedback, I think that every interested person should know what they are buying. The lights are overall great, probably beat any competitor, and being heated - you don't have any competitor at all. I will share some comparison pictures once I will put them back in a couple of weeks, and try to explain what I meant in previous message.
Also, hands down - Oracle is a great company and amazing brand with high quality products.

Karnak

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
government
Vehicle Showcase
Hi, don't get me wrong, I didn't mean any offence to you, I just share my feedback, I think that every interested person should know what they are buying. The lights are overall great, probably beat any competitor, and being heated - you don't have any competitor at all. I will share some comparison pictures once I will put them back in a couple of weeks, and try to explain what I meant in previous message.
Also, hands down - Oracle is a great company and amazing brand with high quality products.
Any updates for pictures? I'd like to see pics of what you described previously as possible negative points.
Sponsored