Sponsored

Who would be interested in a HEATED Oculus LED Headlight option?

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Hello northern friends! We are working on a heated lens option for our 9" headlight and wanted to get some feedback from the members here.

After months of work we have made some significant progress integrating the heating element into the radius curve of or Oculus lens. This was far more complex of a task than we initially thought but we were finally able to work with a partner with the equipment needed to do this correctly.

The other cool thing is that the heated design mirrors the bezel design of the Oculus lights so it does not look like an afterthought like a lot of the other options out there.
Jeep Wrangler JL Who would be interested in a HEATED Oculus LED Headlight option? oculus_heated_lens

So now we are developing the switching system. Our question to those who frequently drive in snow: Do you prefer the heating element to work off of a temperature sensor to turn the heat on and off based on a pre-set temperature threshold? Would you rather a separate power cable that can be tapped to the defroster switch (or possibly to a manual switch)?

Option 1: Temperature Sensor
Pros: Easy to install, no additional wiring.
Cons: Power is jumped from the headlight power input so the heater would not turn on unless you turn the headlights on.

Option 2: Separate Power Cable Tapped to Defroster
Pros: Will start defrosting the headlights with windshield defroster when vehicle is remote started.
Cons: Requires additional wiring connection during installation.

Let us know your thoughts!
Sponsored

mark090852

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wranger Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
My new Oracle Oculus Bi-LED headlights arrived today and I just finished the installation. Everything went smoothly and I'm VERY pleased with the light they put out! I highly recommend them to anybody that has the stock halogen headlights and wants a major improvement!

As far as heating, I think I would prefer option #1. In my book, simple is always better. Have you considered an option #3 where they could be wired to one of the Jeep auxiliary switches, giving full manual control of when they heated and when they did not?

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Option #1. If you guys make this work before JW speaker comes out with their heated element 9” headlights, you have my money.

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
How about both. Tap into the same temperature sensor circuit that the vehicle already uses for cold weather options. Then have a wire (optional to hook it up or not) that when toggled to ground switches the heater on.

henry

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUD Firecracker Red
Option 1 for me. That a seamless solution

Sponsored

MaineBumpkin

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU, 2021 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
Option 1 please and just curios, what would you 'estimate' the ETA on market to be? I'm ordering my new Wrangler this weekend and will now hold off ordering my Oracle headlights and fog lights knowing that this is coming. Thank you!

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Option 1 please and just curios, what would you 'estimate' the ETA on market to be? I'm ordering my new Wrangler this weekend and will now hold off ordering my Oracle headlights and fog lights knowing that this is coming. Thank you!
We plan on having several sets used in beta starting next month. Based on the feedback from the beta testing we will make adjustments before beginning production. Its difficult to say the exact time these will be available but depending on revisions 4-5 months out.

Sponsored

MaineBumpkin

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU, 2021 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
We plan on having several sets used in beta starting next month. Based on the feedback from the beta testing we will make adjustments before beginning production. Its difficult to say the exact time these will be available but depending on revisions 4-5 months out.
Thank you very much! Let me know if you want a Beta tester in Maine, we get some really icy / crap weather in this area 🥶

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon
Let me know if you want me to put them to use out here in the mountains of Colorado!

CRAM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Hello northern friends! We are working on a heated lens option for our 9" headlight and wanted to get some feedback from the members here.

After months of work we have made some significant progress integrating the heating element into the radius curve of or Oculus lens. This was far more complex of a task than we initially thought but we were finally able to work with a partner with the equipment needed to do this correctly.

The other cool thing is that the heated design mirrors the bezel design of the Oculus lights so it does not look like an afterthought like a lot of the other options out there.
Jeep Wrangler JL Who would be interested in a HEATED Oculus LED Headlight option? oculus_heated_lens

So now we are developing the switching system. Our question to those who frequently drive in snow: Do you prefer the heating element to work off of a temperature sensor to turn the heat on and off based on a pre-set temperature threshold? Would you rather a separate power cable that can be tapped to the defroster switch (or possibly to a manual switch)?

Option 1: Temperature Sensor
Pros: Easy to install, no additional wiring.
Cons: Power is jumped from the headlight power input so the heater would not turn on unless you turn the headlights on.

Option 2: Separate Power Cable Tapped to Defroster
Pros: Will start defrosting the headlights with windshield defroster when vehicle is remote started.
Cons: Requires additional wiring connection during installation.

Let us know your thoughts!
Personally I would rather have the heater work off of a temperature switch. First off it is automatic, therefore would turn on when conditions exist without input from me. At the price point of the existing lenses and presumably at the price point of the heated version that would be my preference. Secondly the drawback off connecting it to the windshield is a problem, I may need the windshield defrost on then again a may not, I would have no idea what actual ice and snow conditions are at the front of my car while I'm driving threw snow on a highway or backroad, so I would assume I would have to keep turning on the defrost even when I do not need it. Secondly the option of connecting it to the defrost button seems like a cheap DIY option. Make it automatic and I'll buy it.

Karnak

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL 3.6 Sport S - 2 door
Occupation
government
Vehicle Showcase
Option #1, even if I do remote start it, when I get to the jeep, I get in, start it properly and then I have to get out to take the snow off the jeep anyways, so thats like 5 mins easy of heating the headlight so no need for option #2 imo.

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I am surprised there are not more comments and inquiries on this since so many people with factory LEDs complain about the snow build up and NO ONE ELSE aftermarket is doing anything with heated lenses. Figured this would be a slam dunk for all Jeep owners for sure. When JW Speaker came out with the 8700 series heated lenses for the JK they went on back order for several weeks. They aren’t even developing a 9” headlight from what I was told when I inquired.
Sponsored