Sponsored

Who would be interested in a HEATED Oculus LED Headlight option?

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Only if the headlights look as good as this.
Guess beauty really is in the eye of beholder... :lipssealed:

Option #1, even if I do remote start it, when I get to the jeep, I get in, start it properly and then I have to get out to take the snow off the jeep anyways, so thats like 5 mins easy of heating the headlight so no need for option #2 imo.
Agreed, #1 seems to be the clear winner and that's the version we are prototyping off of currently.
Sponsored

Karnak

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL 3.6 Sport S - 2 door
Occupation
government
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed, #1 seems to be the clear winner and that's the version we are prototyping off of currently.
Excellent, looking forward to heated led option for us JL owners here in the cold wide north...:D

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
We have our initial prototypes assembled and installing for a snow test next week. Will have more info soon!
Jeep Wrangler JL Who would be interested in a HEATED Oculus LED Headlight option? IMG_3076.3

dapipp

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler X (TJ), 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ), 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (JL)
While I prefer option 1, I am wondering what the lifespan of the light/heating element will be since I run with my headlights on all the time. I am also curious about the "Temperature Sensor". Wouldn't it be better to tie into the jeep wiring somehow so when the Jeep thinks it is 37° (or so) outside the heat turns on. This would prevent the heaters from coming on when is mid-day and 95° outside. Maybe option 3, the ability to add a switch to turn on the heater for 30 minutes at a time may not be a bad idea.

schwizzie

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Love my oculus... but snow buildup is a thing. Option 1, and I will purchase.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Initial cold weather testing is going very well, we are making some small adjustments to the programming but excellent results so far!

This design is 100% plug and play, no additional wiring required for the heating element. Integrated temperature sensors are built into the lights and the lights include a small status LED to tell you when the heater element is on.
Jeep Wrangler JL Who would be interested in a HEATED Oculus LED Headlight option? IMG_3214
Jeep Wrangler JL Who would be interested in a HEATED Oculus LED Headlight option? IMG_3211

roamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subie outback toad, pusher motorhome
Please excuse my noob question as i haven't been following all the threads on LED headlights and I'm not even an owner of a JL but am considering purchasing one shortly. The last Jeep I owned was over 35 years ago when I had a CJ-7 for a short time.

When you say "100% plug and play" is that referring only to JLs with OEM halogen headlights? Is there a way to retrofit these to an OEM LED application?

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
When you say "100% plug and play" is that referring only to JLs with OEM halogen headlights? Is there a way to retrofit these to an OEM LED application?
No way to retrofit to the factory JL lights, these are complete replacement headlights we are offering.

roamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subie outback toad, pusher motorhome
No way to retrofit to the factory JL lights, these are complete replacement headlights we are offering.
Thank you. So 100% plug and play for the factory halogens only then.

I'm trying to make a decision on whether to order the LED light package on my order. I may go with the hologens and then use yours. Just another decision to make.

dapipp

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler X (TJ), 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ), 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (JL)
Just to be clear. Regardless of what lights (LED, Halogen, etc.) are currently in my JL I can remove them and put in the heated Oculus LED headlights and they will work as designed. Is this a correct statement?

Sponsored

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Thank you. So 100% plug and play for the factory halogens only then.

I'm trying to make a decision on whether to order the LED light package on my order. I may go with the hologens and then use yours. Just another decision to make.
To be clear, you would be able to use these in place of both OE halogen or LED lights -- plug and play. The heating element will be attached to a complete headlight replacement so will not be able to be retrofitted onto an OE LED housing.

Just to be clear. Regardless of what lights (LED, Halogen, etc.) are currently in my JL I can remove them and put in the heated Oculus LED headlights and they will work as designed. Is this a correct statement?
Yes, that is correct! They can be used for either lighting package.

Last edited:

JeepVT

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I just bought the Oculus 2 weeks ago and would have 100% waited for these had I known they were coming out. Do you have an anticipated release date?

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
I just bought the Oculus 2 weeks ago and would have 100% waited for these had I known they were coming out. Do you have an anticipated release date?
We are completing some additional testing to be sure this new feature works 100% as intended and performs appropriately in all conditions. Obviously we want to make these availble as soon as possible but need a few more weeks of testing before we announce availability.

ML7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I would offer both with the default being option 1 - if you connect the extra wires being able to switch it on/off or connected to the defrost is good
What I want living in snow country is headlights that have a self cleaning function, heating will help but the road salt/sand covers your headlights and heated or not they become very dim.

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I would offer both with the default being option 1 - if you connect the extra wires being able to switch it on/off or connected to the defrost is good
What I want living in snow country is headlights that have a self cleaning function, heating will help but the road salt/sand covers your headlights and heated or not they become very dim.
I may have missed it, but i "think" Oracle was offering a package that comes with a homeless person: they ride with you and jump out at every stop, to wipe off your headlights :LOL:
Sponsored