Sponsored

Who was the brain surgeon of the heated seat button.

Jhint77

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon Sting Gray
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
We have a '22 Silverado rental at work and the auto start/stop button is illuminated when its on. Meaning to make a dark dash you have to hit the button and turn off the as/s. Thought that was weird as its opposite in my Wrangler.
Sponsored

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The same geniuses that designed the instrument cluster steering wheel controls up is down and down is up???? That being said i like the on high feature first

Deleted member 59498

Low would suck for auto in many ways. High then go down. I love my seats they are awesome for tired backs! Also a cold ass.

Hogdreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee, 2021 Sahara Altitude
Anybody know what the actual temperature differences are for the low, medium and high settings?
How hot does the low setting get as opposed to the others? Like 5° less or 10° or ??
I've also noticed that some who dislike pushing buttons LOVE to push other people's buttons!

Sponsored

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Another note. My 2.0T eTorque warmed up unbelievably fast. Heat was available in a couple of minutes. The vents were hot after driving 1-2 blocks. I don't believe any of my other cars ever got warm so quickly.
I don't have the eTorque but have the same results. My 2.0 is blowing warm air within a few minutes of leaving the house.

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I got my Jeep in April, so this is the first I've really experienced the full force of the heated seats and wheel. Me likey. Me likey having the butt fire on max the moment I sit down. Man that feels good.

You know what doesn't feel good? Having a ball of deeply frozen ice that I have to touch every time I change gears. Man you really miss having a heated gear shift knob when your wheel and seat are heated.

That Jeep custom shop deal that can print pictures of your grandkids or a Ford Bronco on your shift knob really needs to add a heat option. Power it with a radioisotope thermoelectric generator if you have to. Just do something!

I should probably make this my new project, wired to one of my aux switches. Hmmmmm........

Sponsored

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
Before I retired I drove a 1991 Civic with roll up windows with original radio for the commute.
No one knows better than I this is a first world problem. 😀
Totally off-topic, but you may find this amusing. When I was a kid, Dad had a 1983 Civic with a 5-speed. I learned how to drive a stick on that thing. Man did that massive engine scream! I think it had a full 13 horsepower.

So anyway, one winter morning, Dad gets up to go to work. Driver door frozen. Passenger door frozen. So he opens the hatch back, and crawls in. It's really, really cold and windy, so he closes it behind him.

He tries to start the car. Nope. Not going to start. Battery getting weaker. Weeeaaaker. (I usually tell this story out loud, and do sound effects. This medium is kind of limiting.)

He tries to open the passenger door. Nope. Driver door. Nope. Frozen shut hard.

My neighbor comes out to go to work. Dad honks at him, and it's like beep beeep, beeeeeeep. Dad waves at him, frantically. My neighbor sees him, waves, gets in his truck, and heads out.

Dad sat in that thing until his body heat finally thawed the door.

omega145

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
Who's the brain surgeon that created this thread? :CWL:

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
First press highest setting?🔥
It's well known that a dyslexic person was allowed to design the controls.

Heated seats: high, medium, low
Menu button on steering wheel: up goes numerically down, down goes numerically up
Shifter: down for upshift, up for downshift

Or, I suppose it's possible Jeep did this just to f*** with everyone.

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I own thre different brand vehicles, all with heated seats. They all come on high to get you a warm tushy faster. But, I will say the ones in my JL are the best of the bunch. Those heaters fire up full blast, and get my butt warm in a skinny New York minute. :)