Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Err, topless.

Umm, with the top open.

Seems I might be mixing forums... :cwl::cwl::cwl:

I see so many running around with their tops on & windows up on these gorgeous summer days.

All y'all have a great weekend & Eclipse (if you're in or near the path...)
Sponsored

Last edited:

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
sometimes the dogs and I do

OP
OP
Billy

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Yeah, definitely , every chance we get, even in Winter , especially if we have a Chinook in Jan/Feb.

Just went coast to coast almost always open sunrider at least and often fully open, except for the few times it rained so hard that the air flow wouldn't deflect it over the cabin. Usually if the wiper is still in the mist section I an go with at least the sunrider or freedom panel open, as soon as it needs full wiper lefel 1 then top has to go up/on.

One disadvantage of driving with sun-rider open at highway speed is that the turbulance on the top has slowly worn-out my velcro straps, that's how much ai use them, so had to go to FabricLand and get constructor grade douboe sided velcro to replace.

As I'm sure tou know in Orego, drriving throuh the Mountains with the roof/top off add another spectacular view to your trip. Even at night driving through the mountains you can see the stars, or do some stargaving from inside the cabin with the roof down like we recently did for the Perseid meteor shower.

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some random pics past & present.

Sunrider-mode
IMG_0860.JPG

Fully down
IMG_0693.JPG

Old Rubi Doozer
IMG_0863.JPG

Castle Mtn
IMG_0862.JPG

First night of Perseid Meteor watching not as good as hoped due to clouds, bright moon and ash from forest fires, but nice comfy & warm inside the Jeep listening to Sirrius (turn off display and cover 430 to darken)
IMG_0859.JPG

OP
OP
Billy

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
As I'm sure tou know in Orego, drriving throuh the Mountains with the roof/top off add another spectacular view to your trip. Even at night driving through the mountains you can see the stars, or do some stargaving from inside the cabin with the roof down like we recently did for the Perseid meteor shower.
Oh yeah! Unfortunately the smoke from wild fires masked the meteor shower, even way outside of town & up in the mountains.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in Boise, ID so we are at 99.5% today.

I take the top off now and then, but its mostly on. Problem is I dont have any soft tops so any rain means I need to put the hard top back on and since I need help from a friend to take it off (wife isn't strong enough to help) Its a PIA to get it off. I should have bought a lift but before here I lived in Vegas and it was either too hot or too cold to have the top off so I never bought one.

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
I'm in Bend, Oregon & 99.7%
Bend, Oregon!? I love that part of the country...i get up to Bandon Dunes every couple of years to chase the little white ball around. Love the pacific northwest.

OP
OP
Billy

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase

I take the top off now and then, but its mostly on. Problem is I dont have any soft tops so any rain means I need to put the hard top back on and since I need help from a friend to take it off (wife isn't strong enough to help) Its a PIA to get it off. I should have bought a lift but before here I lived in Vegas and it was either too hot or too cold to have the top off so I never bought one.
Get a lift my friend.

Sponsored

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
That's why I own a Jeep. :captain:

Why else, than to be able to travel out into the far reaches of the wilderness, where if one wanted to, to do anything including hanging out naked. :champagne:

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7

My mom and most of my Family live in Idaho Falls, they are in the 100% path

OP
OP
Billy

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
It was pretty dang cool, even at 99.7%

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
It was pretty dang cool, even at 99.7%
It was awesome....a couple of photos from here is STL. (Taken with a telescope)

IMG_3679.jpg

IMG_3710.jpg

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Never look directly at the Sun , don't look directly at the Sun , look directly at the Sun , Always look directly at the Sun... Kill Danny !! :sun:

Sponsored