Who ordered their JL

LITTLE WILLYS

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unlimited willys
So I was able to get out of my 2020 Silverado with equity. Putting me in a perfect position to lease a new JL. I spent two weeks before I realized I was not going to get what I want, and now the lots are empty. The dealer near me has them, but with a 3k second sticker for all Wranglers, and Gladiators. The next closest had one, and not what I wanted. It was 60k to boot. So after some discussion with the sales person, it seem to make sense just to order one the way I want.
Well I started out looking at a base sport 4 door in Sting-Grey, all terrain tires, limited slip, slush mats, 2.0t/8speed, and tinted windows. It came to $37,335. For giggles I decided to loon at the Willys Sport. It had most of what I wanted a standard features. So I decided to order a Sting-Grey Unlimited with the 2.0/8speed combo, and no other options. Total price was $37,640. Ordered the Willys last Saturday, now the wait to see what century it arrives.
Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I ordered my new JLU last Autumn. There was a decent selection of lot stock, but I wasn't willing to pay for line item options that I didn't want and virtually all of the new Jeeps were well-stickered, so to speak. Wranglers aren't usually discounted (via varying programs) because sustained consumer demand doesn't require it, so there weren't any incentives for me to purchase anything that was already in inventory.

There was one new Wrangler available at the time that was darn close to the config that I eventually ordered. It was a buyer refusal; the wife wasn't told that their new Jeep had crank windows and the poor dear refused to live with such a proletarian encumbrance. True story.

But for the color -- I didn't want gloss black -- I might have driven away in that one. In the end, though, I ordered precisely what I wanted and got my name on the window sticker. :)

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve ordered 2 Jeep’s and got my first a few days past a month and my second a few days short of a month. Both are fantastic times. I think the speed of delivery depends where you live. They aren’t going to ship an expensive rail car until it’s full. I live in NYC which probably accounts for a lot of sales hence fast delivery’s. Some folks in rural area’s wait 3-6 months. Folks in Canada sometimes wait 6-8 months.
You’re best bet is find the waiting room thread, you can get an idea if you’re getting close by seeing how fast others near you are getting theirs.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I thought about it. But I did a nationwide search and found one almost identical to what I wanted not far from where I was working a rotation for a good price. So I bought it instead. I really wanted a base 2 door manual Rubicon, only option I would have ordered was LED headlights. But the fact I could have it now and at a good price, made it a worthy sacrifice.

I would advise expanding search area before ordering.

OP
OP
LITTLE WILLYS

LITTLE WILLYS

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unlimited willys
I ordered my new JLU last Autumn. There was a decent selection of lot stock, but I wasn't willing to pay for line item options that I didn't want and virtually all of the new Jeeps were well-stickered, so to speak.
I wanted a bare bones jeep myself. My only needs was the hardware. Cost is a factor, but getting what I want, and nothing I don't is more important. I do not care about power windows, and locks, or big screen stereos. I would have ordered it without a radio and put my own in if I could.

Sponsored

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

Just ordered my firecracker red 392 last week. The long wait begins.

OP
OP
LITTLE WILLYS

LITTLE WILLYS

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unlimited willys
I thought about it. But I did a nationwide search and found one almost identical to what I wanted not far from where I was working a rotation for a good price. So I bought it instead. I really wanted a base 2 door manual Rubicon, only option I would have ordered was LED headlights. But the fact I could have it now and at a good price, made it a worthy sacrifice.

I would advise expanding search area before ordering.
I had expanded my search to New England, and New York. Problem right now is inventory is low due to a chip shortage, so to get a jeep it will be faster to put my name on one at the factory.

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
Ordered my 2dr 80th Edition on Feb 2nd and it arrived March 15th.

I kinda doubt that current delivery would be that quick.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Congratulations!

Willys is perhaps the best overall value in the entire Jeep lineup. Especially if you want the LSD.

Good luck.

OP
OP
LITTLE WILLYS

LITTLE WILLYS

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unlimited willys
Congratulations!

Willys is perhaps the best overall value in the entire Jeep lineup. Especially if you want the LSD.

Good luck.
After doing the math, I think you are correct. If you don't need the power equipment, the Willys sport is the best value. $300 over the base Sport equipped the way I would want it, and it gives you so much more. The tires, and wheels, rock sliders, Rubicon shocks, and I hear the brakes are an upgrade over stock as well, but can't confirm

Sponsored

CWRUYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I ordered my JLURD in March, fully expecting an 8-12 week wait. It arrived at the dealer in 15 calendar days. Even though I'm in Ohio, I thought this was still crazy fast.

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Ordered my 2020 2dr Rubicon on 17/7/19 arrived 36 days later. 3rd Rubicon through same dealer. I have always ordered. No complaints. The overall quality has been been very good, and dealership also very good. You can’t blame the dealer for fca qc or lack there of.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I purchased my 2019 Sahara off the Showroom floor. Sky One Power Top pulled me out of my Rams.

Ordered my 2021 Rubicon on 1/11/21 and it came on 2/26/21

The reason I built mine was to get the options I wanted and the Billet Silver. Plus for some reason, DFW Dealerships have lots of Black Jeeps but I had ONE black auto in my life and they are just too damn hot in Texas.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered my new JLU last Autumn. There was a decent selection of lot stock, but I wasn't willing to pay for line item options that I didn't want and virtually all of the new Jeeps were well-stickered, so to speak. Wranglers aren't usually discounted (via varying programs) because sustained consumer demand doesn't require it, so there weren't any incentives for me to purchase anything that was already in inventory.

There was one new Wrangler available at the time that was darn close to the config that I eventually ordered. It was a buyer refusal; the wife wasn't told that their new Jeep had crank windows and the poor dear refused to live with such a proletarian encumbrance. True story.

But for the color -- I didn't want gloss black -- I might have driven away in that one. In the end, though, I ordered precisely what I wanted and got my name on the window sticker. :)
To be honest James, I wouldn't take a Jeep or any vehicle in 2021 without power windows either. My 2 orders have been fully loaded. I guess that person didn't realize cost cutting would include power windows. I respect cost cutting too. Life can be a struggle.
Sponsored