Sponsored

Who on the forums has a 2021 Wrangler? Whoever does share it here!

OP
OP
MoparMike

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator coming soon
Hello. This is my 2021 JLU Sport with the etorque 3.6L. Really like it so far. I traded a RAM 1500 with the 3.6L and 8 speed automatic. By comparison the Jeep is much smoother and more responsive than the RAM. I guess time will tell for the reliability.

jeep (2).jpg
Any power or ESS difference that's noticeable?
Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Jeep is not a brand known for its electronics or their reliability.
Ten new Jeeps in 18 years - zero electronic problems. Reliability - no worse than any other car I've owned. But, as usual, YMMV.

NMPirate

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon Recon
Occupation
King Shit of Turd Island
Mid-2020s and up got and will get the molded in-color bumper.
I think I'm missing something. What do they mean by "molded in-color" bumper? All I see are the normal black plastic bumpers.

OP
OP
MoparMike

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think I'm missing something. What do they mean by "molded in-color" bumper? All I see are the normal black plastic bumpers.
That means the plastic is molded into a shape where it is not connected to the fender and it has color. The color is normally black or chrome. The Sport has the base bumper.

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Ten new Jeeps in 18 years - zero electronic problems. Reliability - no worse than any other car I've owned. But, as usual, YMMV.
That's like Justin Bieber saying getting your kid to play guitar and sing on YouTube will give them his success. The problem is never consistency. The problem is a lack of reliability. Some have it good, some don't.

Also I'm sure you know, you can't measure the JL's electronics using the same yard stick you used for TJs and JKs. The JL has far more sensors waiting to foul and is an intricately tied up nest of strings.

Sponsored

stevb15

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Granite Crystal Metalic
Any power or ESS difference that's noticeable?
Nothing really noticeable power wise. Its quicker than the RAM was but im sure its lighter too. It definitely works better with the 8 speed auto than the RAM.

OP
OP
MoparMike

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing really noticeable power wise. Its quicker than the RAM was but im sure its lighter too. It definitely works better with the 8 speed auto than the RAM.
Cool.

Sponsored

Matt Senatore

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlu Wrangler
Occupation
Retired
2021 Wrangler owners I am wondering the differences/how are the 2021's?
Not quite sure about the difference but my 2021 Wrangler unlimited 3.6 eTorque Jeep is pretty awesome and I have owned nine wranglers in the past just recently trading in my 2016. Immediately added my lift kit two and a half inch pucks 315 70 17 tires duratrax with black rhino rims 17 by 9 and 1/2 truck rides really great.

20201012_145423.jpg
Sponsored