Sponsored

Who on the forums has a 2021 Wrangler? Whoever does share it here!

PillowFightr

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Data Center Engineer
I have a 2021 Sarge Green JLURD

Ordered 7/7/2020
Received 9/29/2020

New for 2021:
-Updated steering: no wobble, no play, accurate and precise
-EcoDiesel badge is now a true badge, not a sticker compared to the 2020
-Option in the menu system to set up tire deflation alert and inflation alert for when going offroad
-Offroad+ button. Still have not used it. It only works when in 4x4
-Front facing camera with guide lines (its accurate down to the inch to show where your tire will go when offroading)
-Bigger grill slots to allow more air in! (Similar to the gladiator grill inserts) the insert mesh is much bigger in the 2021

-Not sure if this is new for 2021 or new with the ecodiesel but i decided to learn to take out the aux battery (the small one that everyone says its hard to get to) and watched videos on YouTube on how to do it BUT... My Jeep was different in that it took me 5 minutes! I literally took out the main battery out and the aux battery was directly underneath it with a little cover over it! I didn't have to take out the fuse box etc! plus the aux battery in my Jeep was accessible with allot of room around it. Not sure what they changed there to make it such an easy process!

Jeep Wrangler JL Who on the forums has a 2021 Wrangler? Whoever does share it here! 5A0A1267

Jeep Wrangler JL Who on the forums has a 2021 Wrangler? Whoever does share it here! 5A0A1245

Jeep Wrangler JL Who on the forums has a 2021 Wrangler? Whoever does share it here! 5A0A1212

Jeep Wrangler JL Who on the forums has a 2021 Wrangler? Whoever does share it here! 5A0A1271

Last edited:

Matt Senatore

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlu Wrangler
Occupation
Retired
Nothing really noticeable power wise. Its quicker than the RAM was but im sure its lighter too. It definitely works better with the 8 speed auto than the RAM.
I like to e torque better than the electric start stop I have the eTorque on my RAM and on my 21 Jeep. It's a much smoother system and it helps you slow the vehicle down when stopping so you don't wear out your brakes I highly recommend it

Matt Senatore

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlu Wrangler
Occupation
Retired
Look on page 30 of the Willys Club thread, dmc1068 posted pics of his 2021. One thing that stood out is the bumper... gone is that Euro style with the fender extensions. At least for the Willys trim. Sport models still get it I believe.
I trimmed those euro things right off

20201012_155938.jpg

20201012_155929.jpg

20201012_155953.jpg

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho JLUR - AEV Build
Those with a 2021 that have driven an earlier JL how is the handling? Looks like all the 2021's forward will have the updated steering gear but I was curious. Any pictures of the suspension/gear box on the 2021's floating around?

Sponsored

Reseg

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
I have a 2021 JLR, that I traded a 2019 JL Sport S for. I can't give a great comparison of the difference in the years (as some are asking), because the models are so different. I definitely noticed a difference in steering, which I hadn't expected, but I thought was from the tires and heavier model.
Jeep Wrangler JL Who on the forums has a 2021 Wrangler? Whoever does share it here! IMG_0914

OP
OP
MoparMike

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator coming soon
I have a 2021 JLR, that I traded a 2019 JL Sport S for. I can't give a great comparison of the difference in the years (as some are asking), because the models are so different. I definitely noticed a difference in steering, which I hadn't expected, but I thought was from the tires and heavier model.
Jeep Wrangler JL Who on the forums has a 2021 Wrangler? Whoever does share it here! IMG_0914
2 DOOR!!! Love seeing people with two doors!

Icewater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord
Not quite sure about the difference but my 2021 Wrangler unlimited 3.6 eTorque Jeep is pretty awesome and I have owned nine wranglers in the past just recently trading in my 2016. Immediately added my lift kit two and a half inch pucks 315 70 17 tires duratrax with black rhino rims 17 by 9 and 1/2 truck rides really great.

How do you feel about the long term reliability of the etorque system? I’ve been trying to research as much as I can about which to go with: 2021s with etorque on the 3.6L, vs non etorque 2.0. I really liked the 3.0 diesel but kind of weary hearing about all the addons for emissions and how they can be cost down the road (would plan to keep the Jeep for yeeears). Clean Jeep btw!

Sponsored

Matt Senatore

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlu Wrangler
Occupation
Retired
How do you feel about the long term reliability of the etorque system? I’ve been trying to research as much as I can about which to go with: 2021s with etorque on the 3.6L, vs non etorque 2.0. I really liked the 3.0 diesel but kind of weary hearing about all the addons for emissions and how they can be cost down the road (would plan to keep the Jeep for yeeears). Clean Jeep btw!
Didnt like the 2.0 that turbo lag wasnt for me. I have the eTorque hemi in my wife ram and its been working great for 2 yrs. So that is pretty much why im sticking with eTorque and all the extra it provides.
Off-roading a 4 banger with a lag before the turbo kicks in didn't appeal to me...

Matt Senatore

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlu Wrangler
Occupation
Retired
O and the diesel sounds great but to me it was too much in the maintenance department. And its 4000 more