Who may have feedback on 37" Goodyear Wrangler Kevlar MtR tires

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Thinking ahead. May be my next tire. Says weight is 73 lbs. Seems in the middle of the field for 37" tires.
Sponsored

SHYUperman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392
Ran 37" MTRs on my JKU, they were awesome tire for wheeling, tons of grip and run pretty close to size. And as you stated, a pretty light tire. I have a few negatives:

-They were definitely a lot harder to balance, sent a couple back to DTD because they were out of round. Also had inventory issues when I had them.
-They're loud, you can get used to the noise, but not the best tires for a DD
-They didn't perform the best in snow

For the price, I think the Cooper STT Pros are a cheaper and better option. Seems to be the tire of choice for a lot of people on the forums, that or the Milestars

OP
OP
Blu bi Kong

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Ran 37" MTRs on my JKU, they were awesome tire for wheeling, tons of grip and run pretty close to size. And as you stated, a pretty light tire. I have a few negatives:

-They were definitely a lot harder to balance, sent a couple back to DTD because they were out of round. Also had inventory issues when I had them.
-They're loud, you can get used to the noise, but not the best tires for a DD
-They didn't perform the best in snow

For the price, I think the Cooper STT Pros are a cheaper and better option. Seems to be the tire of choice for a lot of people on the forums, that or the Milestars
The milesta Patagonia is another possibility. Plenty of time!

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Unless a dedicated offroader I'd avoid the MTR. Sort of a dinosaur or tires with so many new and better options out. The MTR is probably the most expensive MT as well.
Sponsored