Who loves their soft top?

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
I think a better title for this thread is who DOESN'T love their soft top. So far, 99% of owners have almost nothing but good things to say.
I hate mine! All it does is sit in the stupid box it came in and take up space in my garage! :angry:

I got dual tops and I'm just waiting for it to warm up a bit, then it's on!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jondrew

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I hate mine! All it does is sit in the stupid box it came in and take up space in my garage! :angry:

Move to florida

wv18jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I swore I would never own a softop.

This Jeep had everything I wanted except the hardtop.

I love it.

Pleasantly surprised.

Only thing I miss is rear window wiper.

But we live on a one lane gravel road so every time we get any precipitation it gets nasty.

Not a problem for most.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7

Well, that sounds like more of a you issue than a soft top issue. ;)

Sponsored

Steevr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 F-150 Platinum

martinhayrap

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Sting-Gray
I have a PST, would love to trade for someones Sting Gray painted hard top and I will add cash!

OP
OP
Jondrew

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Who has bought a used 4-Door, Black Hardtop? Just curious what the going price is

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
We’re really liking the ST on our Rubicon. Of course we’ve already missed the dog days of summer (ie most of the year in Florida) so we will see. Lots of noise, but that doesn’t not seem so bad. The new zipperless design is so much nicer than the one on the JK we rented recently. My only gripe so far is during my first heavy rain, when I opened the passenger door, water poured off the roof onto the passenger seat. I’m guessing I’m not the first person this has happened to. But other than that, no regrets. A hard top would let me put a roof rack on, but I don’t think I’d clear my garage door if I had that.
My soft top is excellent and I can't imagine having the Jeep without it. I've experienced no issues so far and I have just over 6,000 miles on my '18 JL Rubi. Looks great, works great. Quieter than my previous convertibles. Easy to take completely off, and with some additional velcro straps (about $10) I can secure it so that it is less bulky and no bounce if I chose to simply drop the top as opposed to completely removing it.

Jenga Jeep

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S - Sting Grey
Love mine. Only complaint is lack of flexibility to take the rear windows out when i'm on the go. Nowhere to really put them and they dont roll up. I guess i may have to look into the mopar storage bag? Otherwise love it. the ease of going into the sunrider position is amazing and safari mode is awesome too.
I talked with Alan of Diabolical Inc (Slipstream) and he said that all the windows fitted inside.
Interesting option.

Sponsored

Jenga Jeep

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S - Sting Grey
Hi guys,
Sorry for the dumb question but I'm receiving my first Jeep this month (Sting Gray 2.2 D Sport S) with soft top.
I will not get a hardtop for now, since the weather here is good 9 months a year.
I will probably not get my windows off everyday, so my dumb question is: is it safe to drive in sunrider position? City/highway drive (up to 100km/h)
Thanks!

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Hi guys,
Sorry for the dumb question but I'm receiving my first Jeep this month (Sting Gray 2.2 D Sport S) with soft top.
I will not get a hardtop for now, since the weather here is good 9 months a year.
I will probably not get my windows off everyday, so my dumb question is: is it safe to drive in sunrider position? City/highway drive (up to 100km/h)
Thanks!
Yes. It's safe. If you are going to be traveling at higher speeds there is some velcro to secure the top in sunrider position.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Any problems with the Slipstream when the soft top is folded down in the open position? I didn’t see the soft top in your Slipstream photos. Thanks.
I have Dual tops so running Hard top now. While I have not had the combo (soft top with Slipstream installed together yet) I see no issue at all with top down in fact the two tie down bars on the Slipstream should provide great anchor points to strap the top down keeping it from bouncing and also keeping a lower profile. I was hoping to find an aftermarket soft top boot however the only one is J-Tops however theirs is Junk and does not even wrap the whole soft top, by their video it also kooks hard to put on. Frankly I do not see how the Slipstream changes top down function if anything it may improve it.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
I talked with Alan of Diabolical Inc (Slipstream) and he said that all the windows fitted inside.
Interesting option.
Yes all the windows fit inside however you have to remove the rear window from the lower tailgate bar and then the window needs to be folded then you need to put something at the roll of the window so it does not compress and crease the window

Window%203-5_zpsvu9jh73x.jpg

Then it all fits like this (this is NOT a Mopar bag as the Mopar bag will NOT fit (actually it will but will have to bend at the sides of the cargo floor, it is not designed to be laid down in the cargo area it is designed to stand behind the rear seats)

Here is the Amazon bag with rear folded inside
slip%2011_zps4jkcbep6.jpg

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Expected the worst, really surprised with it! It is a little bulky in the down position, but I use safari mode most often.
Sponsored