Who loves their soft top?

DravenGSX

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR, '16 Ram 1500 Longhorn
This is pathetic and frankly bad business by holding the soft top Jeep community hostage like this, so basically if you want new windows you have to buy a whole new top. REALLY, how hard would it be to offer replacement windows it is not like anything has to be re-designed or there is no production capabilities. This is tragic as these windows have a predictable short life, this can also be a safety issue if the windows become all scratched up.

My feeling is companies that force you to buy complete systems when you only need a small part, those companies should be avoided, unfortunately you have limited choice regarding the OEM top. Bestop shame on you.

Question for Bestop is there anything proprietary stopping any other company from making replacement aftermarket windows for your tops?

You can buy replacement windows at the dealership. They've been replacing ones that fly off on the highway.
Sponsored

wv18jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I have the premium soft top and I love it. Itā€™s way quieter than I thought it would be. Iā€™m just trying to figure out the best way to take care of it. This time of year I get non stop salty water spray all over the rear window.
yup

Vark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 JLU
I love my ST. Houston weather is bipolar so being able to quickly adapt is invaluable. I really feel for all the HTs who donā€™t have the flexibility to be topless in 2 minutes or less after the rains clears off.

GhostDivers

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp, 2014 X5 35d, 2020 JLR 6sp
I have the premium soft top and I love it. Itā€™s way quieter than I thought it would be. Iā€™m just trying to figure out the best way to take care of it. This time of year I get non stop salty water spray all over the rear window.
FWIW, I've been using Plexus on the windows (as well as headlights to prevent oxidation...well, and to clean them). It works well with a micro-fiber cloth to clean up without scratching. It provides the lubricity (oh yeah! I just threw out lubricity!! ;)) needed to lift off the dirt/spray without having to scrub. Plexus at Amazon, but it's sold elsewhere.

Maupar

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
No complaints about my soft top. So much easier to put the top down/up. Only thing I'm worried about is scratching up the plastic windows.

Sponsored

Hydroboy35th

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
FWIW, I've been using Plexus on the windows (as well as headlights to prevent oxidation...well, and to clean them). It works well with a micro-fiber cloth to clean up without scratching. It provides the lubricity (oh yeah! I just threw out lubricity!! ;)) needed to lift off the dirt/spray without having to scrub. Plexus at Amazon, but it's sold elsewhere.
Thanks for the info!

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
I understand what you are saying, however I believe you can purchase replacement windows from your dealership or through Mopar online.

We must work in accordance with the terms and conditions outlined in our OEM contracts.

CassieAtBestop

This is pathetic and frankly bad business by holding the soft top Jeep community hostage like this, so basically if you want new windows you have to buy a whole new top. REALLY, how hard would it be to offer replacement windows it is not like anything has to be re-designed or there is no production capabilities. This is tragic as these windows have a predictable short life, this can also be a safety issue if the windows become all scratched up.

My feeling is companies that force you to buy complete systems when you only need a small part, those companies should be avoided, unfortunately you have limited choice regarding the OEM top. Bestop shame on you.

Question for Bestop is there anything proprietary stopping any other company from making replacement aftermarket windows for your tops?

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
On the PREMIUM SOFT TOP, if you NEED quick access to the cargo area--

The REAR window can be " ROLLED OVER THE TOP" in about 15 seconds and that will give you full access to the CARGO !

SUNP0101_zpslvzmynnw.jpg

SUNP0102_zps62qmepna.jpg

The pic also shows my HiLift Jack in it's JACKCASE--on top of the net, for the pic

JIMBO

Sponsored

GenaL

First Name
Gena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S 2.0 2-door (Firecracker Red)
"My only gripe so far is during my first heavy rain, when I opened the passenger door, water poured off the roof onto the passenger seat. Iā€™m guessing Iā€™m not the first person this has happened to."

Happens on the driver's side too. I live in British Columbia where it rains more than half of the year. I am getting soaked when I open the door to get in and out of my car.

GenaL

First Name
Gena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S 2.0 2-door (Firecracker Red)
I love my premium soft top (except for the whole getting soaked when I open my door when it is raining). I did not even consider a hard top. And on a sunny day, I can easily flip the top half back while waiting at a red light. But because my 2-door JL Turbo did not come in until September, I missed the entire summer top-down season. Looking forward to summer to enjoy the reason I bought a soft top in the first place. But I did recently buy the Mopar bag for the windows since I cannot just toss them in the back - that is where my dog is enjoying the wind in her face.

chadly25

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mercedes CLS550, 2013 JKU Sport, 2018 JLUR
I got the dual top on my Rubicon. When I took the hard top off and installed the ST I was impressed with the noise. It was just barely louder than the HT. I rocked the ST all summer and then went back to the HT in October. My only complaint with the ST comes from the OCD in me. I donā€™t like that the two side flaps on the rear always come untucked. The plastic flaps seem to be too small. They come out so much I thought I installed them wrong. Every time I see a ST JL in a parking lot though I see that they are untucked too.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
"My only gripe so far is during my first heavy rain, when I opened the passenger door, water poured off the roof onto the passenger seat. Iā€™m guessing Iā€™m not the first person this has happened to."

Happens on the driver's side too. I live in British Columbia where it rains more than half of the year. I am getting soaked when I open the door to get in and out of my car.
This not unique to the soft top. The hard top has the same gutter placement.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
I think a better title for this thread is who DOESN'T love their soft top. So far, 99% of owners have almost nothing but good things to say.
Sponsored