Who loves their soft top?

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
We’re really liking the ST on our Rubicon. Of course we’ve already missed the dog days of summer (ie most of the year in Florida) so we will see. Lots of noise, but that doesn’t not seem so bad. The new zipperless design is so much nicer than the one on the JK we rented recently. My only gripe so far is during my first heavy rain, when I opened the passenger door, water poured off the roof onto the passenger seat. I’m guessing I’m not the first person this has happened to. But other than that, no regrets. A hard top would let me put a roof rack on, but I don’t think I’d clear my garage door if I had that.
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I have PST. Love it. It’s not loud to my ears.

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
I want, but stuck with the Hard Top for now.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I love my premium softop as well. It is so simple/quick to put down that I'm always finding an excuse to do so. I've had hardtop & softop JK's, but I find myself having the top down much more frequently on the JL.

I don't find it loud at all. It is actually very similar in noise level to my wife's hardtop. Both our tops let water in when raining and pour water all over the light switch :swear:

I only have three complaints about the softop
1) It sits higher than the hardtop which has become an issue with my current height.
2) The rear windows scratch way too easy.
3) It looks extremely bulky when open.

BlackRook

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Occupation
SCIENCE!
I'm liking the premium soft top so far. It's definitely not as quiet as the 2016 Explorer I was coming from (nor should a reasonable person expect it to be), but it's actually so close that it's quite stunning. I had to raise my voice slightly in conversation this past weekend. While on the highway. Doing 85. In strong cross-winds. Thoroughly impressed.

I haven't had the opportunity to drop the top yet, though. It's a 2019, and I got it on Black Friday--been a little too chilly since. Further, unlike some of the 18's, my soft top is on so tight that it takes some serious prying just to remove the rear window--this thing definitely isn't popping out at highway speeds. I'm thinking I'm not going to bother loosening it up until spring at this point...

Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
A hard top would let me put a roof rack on, but I don’t think I’d clear my garage door if I had that.
Bob: perhaps you know, but let me know if you are interested in roof rack offerings that allow you to run with the soft top. I can point you to places on the bboard that address that.

Tex117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Unlimited Sport S (Sold); 2019 JLUR
I love it!!!

OP
OP
Jondrew

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Bob: perhaps you know, but let me know if you are interested in roof rack offerings that allow you to run with the soft top. I can point you to places on the bboard that address that.
Thanks. Yes, I’ve seen them.

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
I love mine overall, Safari mode gets an A+.

However full down is a joke as it cant lock itself down and requires both factor supplied straps and you have to get something of your choosing to keep back from bouncing up and down.

I prefer safari mode (even if the top magically locked itself), its a premium Wrangler experience thats even good on freeway. December rains forced me to put sides back on, but should be back to safari in march.

Speaking of march I am probably gonna try one of those hitch mounted racks to put Kayak on up top, should be interesting

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
Love mine. Only complaint is lack of flexibility to take the rear windows out when i'm on the go. Nowhere to really put them and they dont roll up. I guess i may have to look into the mopar storage bag? Otherwise love it. the ease of going into the sunrider position is amazing and safari mode is awesome too.

Sponsored

Hydroboy35th

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I have the premium soft top and I love it. It’s way quieter than I thought it would be. I’m just trying to figure out the best way to take care of it. This time of year I get non stop salty water spray all over the rear window.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
We’re really liking the ST on our Rubicon. Of course we’ve already missed the dog days of summer (ie most of the year in Florida) so we will see. Lots of noise, but that doesn’t not seem so bad. The new zipperless design is so much nicer than the one on the JK we rented recently. My only gripe so far is during my first heavy rain, when I opened the passenger door, water poured off the roof onto the passenger seat. I’m guessing I’m not the first person this has happened to. But other than that, no regrets. A hard top would let me put a roof rack on, but I don’t think I’d clear my garage door if I had that.
Yeah man I LOVE it. I live in St Augustine and was using it all throughout November.

Yes, the design is perfect MINUS how they designed the drain gutters/channels..

If you are on any type of downhill grade parked backwards (like my driveway) you'll get soaked..

I am currently in the process of making a mod for that as well as a track system cell phone mount.

After Feb ill be topless again!!

OP
OP
Jondrew

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Love St Augustine. We camp at Bryan Mawr and Anastasia. Just got the Rubicon so we haven’t been on the beach yet. Bit chilly this week

Yeah man I LOVE it. I live in St Augustine and was using it all throughout November.

Yes, the design is perfect MINUS how they designed the drain gutters/channels..

If you are on any type of downhill grade parked backwards (like my driveway) you'll get soaked..

I am currently in the process of making a mod for that as well as a track system cell phone mount.

After Feb ill be topless again!!

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Love St Augustine. We camp at Bryan Mawr and Anastasia. Just got the Rubicon so we haven’t been on the beach yet. Bit chilly this week
Yeah man its nice here, one of those places if you don't own a jeep you're a total loser LOL

As soon as it begins to warm up a tad we are going to get a group together and head out.

OP
OP
Jondrew

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Yeah man its nice here, one of those places if you don't own a jeep you're a total loser LOL

As soon as it begins to warm up a tad we are going to get a group together and head out.
Let me know. We’re in Orlando. I’m sure it would be worth the ride
Sponsored