Sponsored

Who is using the Curt Custom Towed-Vehicle RV Wiring Harness for flat towing on a JL?

davewald

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Sort of, kinda retired....mostly
I know this harness has been mentioned in several posts, but I wanted to find information from someone who has (1) actually installed one, and (2) has enough experience towing with it to give a meaningful review. I am setting up my '21 JLR up for flat towing, and have reached the stage where I need to commit to a lighting solution. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Captain Skip

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Happily retired
I put it on my JL, it works great. The hardest part is just snaking the power lead to the battery. I tow my JL with a Rockjock towplate on the JL and a Readybrute Elite II tow bar with a built in surge brake. I put a tow hitch on the JL too and used the Curt harness for that. It’s plugged in in-line with the taillight plugs.

Cliebold

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler unlimited sport
Captain skip. I too just installed the curt on my 2018. Question what power wire are you referring to. Mine just had the 4 wire ribbon with the 4 wire connection. Also noted a third connector on the left rear which is not connected to anything. Do you know what that is for? And thirdly why doesn’t the 3rd brake lite operate.
Sponsored