Sponsored

Who is going to try the new Metal Cloak "DB3" Rear Control Arm Correction Bracket?

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Yellow Cake Kid

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
One of the stated goals is improving the roll center, which I think could be immediately appreciated both on and off road.

Alex01

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Wrangler, 2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
These drop brackets appeared on the Metal Cloak website recently and are listed as "new".

https://metalcloak.com/jk-wrangler-jl-wrangler-rear-db3-drop-bracket.html

I am intrigued by the prospect of improved control arm motion, while I wonder if I would be willing to reduce the clear area under the carriage.

Jeep Wrangler JL Who is going to try the new Metal Cloak "DB3" Rear Control Arm Correction Bracket? 7697-Drop-Down-Brackets-Rear
I'm a fan of MC stuff but I wouldn't put on a bracket that lowers the mount 3". Its going to get hung up on the rocks.

If you do a lot of fireroads and moderate trails though I bet you'd notice an improvement.

OP
OP
Yellow Cake Kid

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Interestingly, Metal Cloak makes a comparison to Long Arm systems and suggests that these brackets actually allow more clearance than the Long Arm systems available for the JL or JK.

Sponsored

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I'm sure this, as well as front control arm relocation brackets, do wonders for the suspension geometry, improving brake dive, head toss, roll center, bump harshness, etc.

Of course the price you pay is a few things hanging down under your Jeep.

I applaud MC for giving buyers the option of optimized ride or optimized clearance.

OP
OP
Yellow Cake Kid

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I have been tryong to learn more about these brackets and apparently they were introduced for JK's many years ago. The JL part shares the same part number, and they are listed as "new" on both the JK and JL webpages. It seems like they have been out for a while and those that have tried them have good things to say about the changes they affect.

Jolly’s Jp

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR on 37s
I have been tryong to learn more about these brackets and apparently they were introduced for JK's many years ago. The JL part shares the same part number, and they are listed as "new" on both the JK and JL webpages. It seems like they have been out for a while and those that have tried them have good things to say about the changes they affect.
Head over to JK Gear and Gadgets on YouTube. Ben installed some brackets on the front of his Gladiator and does a pretty good job explaining how the work.

OP
OP
Yellow Cake Kid

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I think that there may be some confusion occurring with the Metal Cloak website. Back in October 2020, as evidenced by a view with the Wayback Internet Archive Machine, the DB3 bracket set (part number 7197) was not listed on the JL page at all while the same part was listed on the JK page and not labeled as "new".

Now in June 2021 both the JL and JK suspension component pages list this part, and have a prominent "new" label on the display.

I had gone to the Metal Cloak page to check on a detail that regards my MC drag link, and became distracted by the prospect that a nifty new and interesting part had been introduced.

Now I think the "new" presentation of this part may be due to some minor internet database mishap.

Nothing to see here...

Thank you!

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

I just got back from my first wheeling trip with the 3.5 gamechanger. The on and off road ride is great. I can't imagine it could get noticeable better without changing out the shocks. These brackets do look like they might get hung up a bit more than the factory brackets on ledges. However, on most obstacles, I would think that your tires would be hitting them before the brackets and would lift you up over the rock or whatever might be there. I will be following to hear from a few people that actually install them.

BentMetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL, MJ, XJ, TJ, YJ
Occupation
Director of Media and Marketing
I think that there may be some confusion occurring with the Metal Cloak website. Back in October 2020, as evidenced by a view with the Wayback Internet Archive Machine, the DB3 bracket set (part number 7197) was not listed on the JL page at all while the same part was listed on the JK page and not labeled as "new".

Now in June 2021 both the JL and JK suspension component pages list this part, and have a prominent "new" label on the display.

I had gone to the Metal Cloak page to check on a detail that regards my MC drag link, and became distracted by the prospect that a nifty new and interesting part had been introduced.

Now I think the "new" presentation of this part may be due to some minor internet database mishap.

Nothing to see here...

Thank you!
I'm a little late to the party (ok, REALLY LATE) to reply to this but... The "NEW" designation on the DB3 is correct. The DB3 was originally built for the JK and "was" not compatible for use on the JL. The "NEW" moniker was applied since it has been redesigned to fit both JK and JL along with a few other improvements.
Sponsored