Sponsored

Who is dumping their JL.

Jeepsforkeeps

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUS. 2019 Chrysler Pacifica Limited. 2017 Volkswagen Golf R.
Just an informal survey. Who has already or is planning on getting rid of their new JL or cancelling their order because of all the quality issues? There are quite a few on Autotrader already, mostly with a few hundered to a few thousand miles. I got rid of my JLUS at 2000 miles, mostly because of the steering and the welds and no resolution in site.
Sponsored

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
I am not yet. I think there is a remote possibilty that a major frame recall ends up getting many/some of us brand new and improved JLs. Hard for that to happen if you dont have one...

BradyAntebellum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 JLUR- Black
Just an informal survey. Who has already or is planning on getting rid of their new JL or cancelling their order because of all the quality issues? There are quite a few on Autotrader already, mostly with a few hundered to a few thousand miles. I got rid of my JLUS at 2000 miles, mostly because of the steering and the welds and no resolution in site.
I have almost 10k miles on my JLUR and so far so good. You're hit with the biggest plunge of depreciation (lose the largest chunk of cash in terms resale value) essentially the moment you drive it off the lot. You're covered bumper to bumper for 3year/36k so regardless of consumer fears unless in the event it turns out to be a lemon, you might as well at least hold off on trading it in until the default warranty becomes void.

ShaunTheJeep

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2D JL Rubicon
God no... Love mine! If there was a warranty problem we'd get it resolved with FCA one way or another.

SouthTexasJLU

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Shit happens. I plan to keep mine, buy a new one in 5 years and replace my buggy with the JL.
Thank god you didn't have to deal with the 6.7 Cummins debacle......You would still be upset.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Jeepsforkeeps

SERIOUSLY .........You know what you can do with your "informal survey"... Suggest you move on. You sold your JLU and now want to come here and troll.. Move on AH.

As for me I am very pleased with my 2dr. JL. IF there is an issue with it in the future, FCA will address said issue.

Phynal

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU HR
I've put off my purchase - I was ready to order in July but held off. Partially because of weld and steering issues, and partly because of dealers' poor responses.

I'll wait a year or two, unless I find something I like better in the meantime.

outlanderbz

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I did not and do not plan on it but I do like that people like you are taking the time to post this type of experience. It will only help our cause for them to realize there are issues. I am not going to sit here and tell you the "move the bleep on" like many responses you are about to get.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I had some issues at first but most have been resolved but as stated itā€™s got a 3/36 and I even have some other type of warranty the dealer tossed in that covers batteries, breaks etc.... since some software updates itā€™s been pretty easy to drive and currently have approx 4500 miles since getting several months ago, the biggest issue I have is when I have to take it the the dealer itā€™s an all day job regardless of whatā€™s being done

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
No issues so far...Love mine. Plan on it being the last vehicle I own. If it has issues FCA factory and extended warranties will handle it. By nature I'm a very loyal person with people in my life and items that I own. So, yeah, I'm in it for the long haul. Gettin rid of it is not an option, unless it gets totaled in a wreck.

Sponsored

XTrooper

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Retired in the mountains of Northeastern PA
Website
xtrooper.net
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL
Occupation
Retired New Jersey State Trooper
Vehicle Showcase
Bought a new 2018 JLU Sahara in June, had major steering issues with it, steering problem completely resolved in July, I'm having a lot of fun with it now and am definitely keeping it.

GordonZoo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram ED
Occupation
Most Everything
I plan on keeping ours forever. Soooo much FUN. So many road trips to plan in the mountains. Some think sports cars are fun, they never drove a Wrangler.

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Regarding the JLs on Autotrader, this is nothing new for non appliance/specialized vehicles. Happens when a new gen Corvette comes out, happened with the new gen Miata too.

In some cases itā€™s the idea in the buyers head vs the reality of owning the vehicle. Others find they extended themselves financially. I suspect for Jeep many come from a smooth riding mid/high range car and find the driving manners of the Jeep to be too different.

Beretta67

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 2D OM, 20 Mojave, 21 JLU, 22 Willys
Jeepsforkeeps.....Am I the only one seeing the humor in this? Love em or hate em, thatā€™s funny!
Sponsored