Sponsored

Who is dumping their JL.

joecitrix97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 YJ Sahara, '18 JLU Sahara
Just an informal survey. Who has already or is planning on getting rid of their new JL or cancelling their order because of all the quality issues? There are quite a few on Autotrader already, mostly with a few hundered to a few thousand miles. I got rid of my JLUS at 2000 miles, mostly because of the steering and the welds and no resolution in site.
Very disappointing that you sold so quickly. I bought my JL off a lot in Florida in March. At the time, there were only 2 Jeeps in a 4 state radius with the options I wanted. Later I found a very nice Service Department locally to service my Jeep. I have complete faith they can and will fix anything I take to them. I saved for 10+ years for my JL. No way on this green earth I sell mine. The only real disappointment I have right now is no bikini top this summer. There is a thread out there for a guy that modified a JK Bikini for his JL. As for the steering …. again, I believe the kinks will get worked out. After driving my YJ over the weekend, my JL drives like a dream in comparison.
Sponsored

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic
We love ours! It’s a blast to drive, especially off-road. We have about 3000 miles on it, and half of those miles are off road. Yesterday while on the Hunt mountain trail through the Bighorn National forest we ran across a guy and his wife that had a broken down 4x4 truck. To get them help, we drove down in a canyon to Rafter Star ranch cow camp. If it wasn’t for the high ground clearance and short wheelbase of the Jeep we wouldn’t have made it down the canyon much less back up. We plan on keeping ours for years to come!

Motomom

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport JL 4 door
Mine is in shop and has been for almost 2 weeks and they do not know how to fix it yet!
I may be dumping mine if they cannot fix!
I have put wheels tires lift kit with Fox shocks exhaust running boards led lights katskinz leather seats front bumper with warn winch but it does no good if it is sitting at the shop with electrical problems started when I took it to get the cruise control recall done and it wouldn’t read anything at the Service bay pod! Very disappointed in JEEP

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Mine is in shop and has been for almost 2 weeks and they do not know how to fix it yet!
I have put wheels tires lift kit with Fox shocks exhaust running boards led lights katskinz leather seats front bumper with warn winch but it does no good if it is sitting at the shop with electrical problems started when I took it to get the cruise control recall done and it wouldn’t read anything at the Service bay pod! Very disappointed in JEEP
Sounds to me like your JLU has a defective gateway module. IF the gateway module is bad, the dealerships Wytech2 will have issues like you say.

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic
Hopefully they Will get it figured out! It really sucks to purchase a new vehicle and then start having problems with it, especially when you’ve spent more money on it getting it the way you wanted.

I purchased a new VW Golf 3 years ago that was a piece of crap. Ended up loosing a lot of money just to get it off my hands

Sponsored

Motomom

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport JL 4 door
Sounds to me like your JLU has a defective gateway module. IF the gateway module is bad, the dealerships Wytech2 will have issues like you say.
They replaced the Gateway Module and it did not fix the problem they do not know what it is it is still in the shop being escalated to the next level of technical help

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Motomom Yeah.......... tell them to replace it again.

TwoTone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Legacy, Flex
I have to ask all those that are comfortable with their Jeeps, after seeing pictures of welds that never even hit the right spot, what makes you so sure that all the welds you can't see are good to go?

bentaxle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I have to ask all those that are comfortable with their Jeeps, after seeing pictures of welds that never even hit the right spot, what makes you so sure that all the welds you can't see are good to go?
Does it really matter in the grand scheme of life,maybe my fate is that the frame rails separate while traveling 80 mph and the gas tank opens up and I become one big fire ball.If that happens I'll be at peace with myself for not buying the extended bumper to bumper warranty !!!

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
They replaced the Gateway Module and it did not fix the problem they do not know what it is it is still in the shop being escalated to the next level of technical help
Sounds like you might need to find another dealership, one that might be able to exercise a little ingenuity.

Sponsored

Dewey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUS
How do you know that bridge your driving over is safe? You sir should stop driving over all bridges!.

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Negative Ghost Rider.
I Leased my JLU Sport S because I can't swing a HUGE finance payment until 2020.
But I knew by the time I got home the day I bought it, that I will be buying it out, or trading up when the lease is over. And Probably buying a 2dr RUBI so I have a 2 and a 4 in my garage, RUBI for off-road fun, 4dr JLU sport S for family trips.
This is my 4th Wrangler in my life, and have no desire to drive anything else until I die.
Sounds to me like your a worry wart, and read some shit online and let it sway a knee jerk reaction to sell it.

The only thing I do not like about the JL, is the people complaining about things.
All car manufacturers have issues that slip through the cracks(Lincoln Navigator comes to mind, a very expensive vehicle, that had an issue when you put it in reverse it would actually be in drive, people were driving through their houses lol)
If you own a wrangler and read about an issue and decide to sell it, rather than them trying to resolve the issue, you never liked jeep in the first place and only got it because of a mid life crisis, or to try to be cool driving down the road.
Even with no steering issue, a wrangler will wander, wind blows it around pretty easily, and it needs some correction.
It does not drive like anything else on the road, it is not a car, it is not a truck, so to expect it to drive like either is naive at best.

Dewey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUS
Negative Ghost Rider.
I Leased my JLU Sport S because I can't swing a HUGE finance payment until 2020.
But I knew by the time I got home the day I bought it, that I will be buying it out, or trading up when the lease is over. And Probably buying a 2dr RUBI so I have a 2 and a 4 in my garage, RUBI for off-road fun, 4dr JLU sport S for family trips.
This is my 4th Wrangler in my life, and have no desire to drive anything else until I die.
Sounds to me like your a worry wart, and read some shit online and let it sway a knee jerk reaction to sell it.

The only thing I do not like about the JL, is the people complaining about things.
All car manufacturers have issues that slip through the cracks(Lincoln Navigator comes to mind, a very expensive vehicle, that had an issue when you put it in reverse it would actually be in drive, people were driving through their houses lol)
If you own a wrangler and read about an issue and decide to sell it, rather than them trying to resolve the issue, you never liked jeep in the first place and only got it because of a mid life crisis, or to try to be cool driving down the road.
Even with no steering issue, a wrangler will wander, wind blows it around pretty easily, and it needs some correction.
It does not drive like anything else on the road, it is not a car, it is not a truck, so to expect it to drive like either is naive at best.
+1

XTrooper

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Retired in the mountains of Northeastern PA
Website
xtrooper.net
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL
Occupation
Retired New Jersey State Trooper
Vehicle Showcase
I hope to keep mine until the wheels fall off. :rock:
You know, considering some of the welds we've seen on here, that may not be too long from now! ::cwl: