old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
No issues so far...Love mine. Plan on it being the last vehicle I own. If it has issues FCA factory and extended warranties will handle it. By nature I'm a very loyal person with people in my life and items that I own. So, yeah, I'm in it for the long haul. Gettin rid of it is not an option, unless it gets totaled in a wreck.

Exactly correct . That is exactly what a Jeep loyalist does . And if fca tries to avoid fixing it , the Jeep loyalists will insist they fix it . That's true guts and class . Telling Mike Manley : "Tough ! No b.s.! Fix it !"
Sponsored

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly correct . That is exactly what a Jeep loyalist does . And if fca tries to avoid fixing it , the Jeep loyalists will insist they fix it . That's true guts and class . Telling Mike Manley : "Tough ! No b.s.! Fix it !"
I'm going all in on this one. Will let you know how it works. Haha

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Lol yea but id prolly be a lil nicer with my request. At this point im "warrantied-up" so i have peace of mind that it will be handled...and i have a mechanic that I trust and have known since 2005 working on my previous vehicle...he kept that one driving brand new (w/197k miles on it) w/orig engine and orig tranny...and it was still shuffling it at the time of its demise. :( But cant cry over split milk...i gots Lil' Hulk now and hope I can keep it longer and in an excellent condition as well <3

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I hope to keep mine until the wheels fall off. I love it so far!!!! Best vehicle I have ever owned in fun factor and just enjoyment to drive. :rock:
This!!! Yass!

Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
...he kept that one driving brand new (w/197k miles on it) w/orig engine and orig tranny...and it was still shuffling it at the time of its demise. :( But cant cry over split milk...i gots Lil' Hulk now and hope I can keep it longer and in an excellent condition as well <3
Very funny . It was still shufflin' it ... ( lol ) . On a percentage basis , likely very few will have problems . My 2016 JK has been flawless over 30K miles .

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Nope, absolutely not. First it is the first year model and unless you have been living under a rock you know that with ALL makes the first year growing pains are more than the second and more than the third etc etc. Second the rig has a full warranty and with all our other Jeeps, Jeep has been awesome at issuing recalls and TSBs to fix things. I am confident it will be no different here.

As a matter of fact I had mentioned the steering in my build thread and Jeep Cares has already reached out to set me up at the dealer. I promise you NO OTHER manufacturer does that and actually has employees on the forums to make things right or at least; Porsche, Toyota Prius, Cadillac, Mini, Subaru because those are the other forums I have been on.

If you get a lemon and the same thing keeps happening, sure that will happen to a few I am also sure they will make it right. If not then take action.

EVERY manufacturer is going to have growing pains.

DravenGSX

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR, '16 Ram 1500 Longhorn
I sure did trade my JL Sahara in...on a JL Rubicon!!!! 2nd JL in 6 months. Not worried at all......smiles for miles!!!!!

Trying to make this decision right now. Just curios, why did you trade the Sahara on the Rubicon?

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Something I find interesting is amongst all the complaints about steering and welds I see very few, if any, of the folks have taken their Jeep to an independent Jeep shop for evaluation. I would think getting a shop, like a well known reputable one, to confirm the issues would be a some solid ammo for the trip to dealer.

I have not seen or experienced weld or steering issues but still plan to bring it to a local shop here for a good look over.

Not meaning to downplay the issues, just seems like a good step before going to dealer for service of the issues.

Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Something I find interesting is amongst all the complaints about steering and welds I see very few, if any, of the folks have taken their Jeep to an independent Jeep shop for evaluation. I would think getting a shop, like a well known reputable one, to confirm the issues would be a some solid ammo for the trip to dealer.

I have not seen or experienced weld or steering issues but still plan to bring it to a local shop here for a good look over.

Not meaning to downplay the issues, just seems like a good step before going to dealer for service of the issues.
Absolutely the BEST advice here ! Go to a top-rated independent shop for a written evaluation FIRST ! Then you know the lay of the land . It is like looking at photos and maps before you attempt to climb the mountain . It is like watching a video and reading instructions before changing a spare wheel .

pdavey168

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Grey, 2020 JT Launch Edition Bright White, 2018 Porsche Macan S
Occupation
CEO offroadparts.com
I have the steering issue as many do but I have an appointment to get it resolved hopefully. Am I going to get ride of it, HELL NO! I know there will be fix. This is my first Wrangler and I have to say there is nothing you can buy off the lot that can take the abuse these things can. I'm not out mall crawling I'm actually using it the way is was meant to be used. How you can drive a vehicle off the pavement into the dirt, air down and abuse it over rocks, 45 degree hill climbs and descents is mind blowing to me. Air back up when your done and hit the pavement like nothing ever happened is a great engineering feat in my mind. So I guess if you bought a Rubi to cruise the streets you might be disappointed, these are off road purpose built machines and they will never drive or ride like a Mercedes. I knew going in it was going to have it's first year hiccups. I also know that everything will have a fix at some point. I have had so much fun in this thing I can't image having missed out on any of it waiting around for the next one.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I got rid of my JLUS at 2000 miles, mostly because of the steering and the welds and no resolution in site.
Wait, did you sell your JL because your Wrangler actually had those issues or simply because you read them online?

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I hope to drive mine for ever. I have just over 9,000 miles on it since February, been through 10 states including a 3,000 mile roadtrip, a few local offroad trips and 2 trips to Ouray, CO. Mine has been great so far.
Sponsored