Sponsored

who is driving with the premium soft top

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Anyone here have just the premium soft top? what do you think Noise wise? tempature wise?
Sponsored

Sschmittou

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jku 75th anniversary, 2018 JlU rubicon
Occupation
Homeland security
Premium Soft top only, 2017 jku.
Cold of detroit.

Excellent so far on weather, heats up quuck and keeps it. Noise is not bad, in fact to me it sounded better than the hollow sound from the hard top I test drove.

The one negative has been clean salt and snow off the rear window without scracthing

ThrillerR1

First Name
Tee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 4Runner V8, 2008 Z06, 2009 R1, 2015 Tenere
Dealer told me soft tops are still 11-12 weeks out.

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer told me soft tops are still 11-12 weeks out.
Was there any explanation? Dual tops are being delivered already, and many of us with soft tops have been sitting in D1 for 2 weeks now (all parts available, waiting on build qeue). I doubt they can still be that far out.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting considering they have already been delivered as part of dual tops (which is why the OP is asking) and there is a soft top already delivered to a dealer near me.

https://www.kernersvillechryslerdod...nlimited-e06dc1f30a0e0a172fe35b2970f7d7e3.htm
Nice! I grew up around there, lived in High Point. Interesting that Kernersville got one of the (if not the first) soft top JL for sale....figure it would be some bigger town somewhere, there really is no way to figure out the order Jeep is building these things in.

ThrillerR1

First Name
Tee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 4Runner V8, 2008 Z06, 2009 R1, 2015 Tenere
Guess the guy was talking about when his dealer was getting a soft top. Or he was talking our his rear.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Someone on the forum received a non premium softop(Can't recall which thread it was in.) I've seen a few people driving home with the premium tops in boxes for their dual top group, but I'm sure none have installed it yet.

wired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Red with soft top
Anyone here have just the premium soft top? what do you think Noise wise? tempature wise?
Just picked up my Rubi with premium soft top only. Less noise than my JK. Quality top. Put it down and back up in dealer garage. So Easy! Can't say much about temperature as it is 55 here today

Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Just picked up my Rubi with premium soft top only. Less noise than my JK. Quality top. Put it down and back up in dealer garage. So Easy! Can't say much about temperature as it is 55 here today
Wired: if/when you get a chance, if possible and not too time consuming on your part, I am curious to hear your thoughts on the complete removal from the Wrangler body, and replacement thereof of your soft top. It's great that it goes up and down with ease. I hope the same can be said of its coming on and off.

Thanks.

OP
OP
wanderer

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
is it a black top? post somepictures if you would thanks

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Guess the guy was talking about when his dealer was getting a soft top. Or he was talking our his rear.
Yeah dealer salesman told me a slew if inaccurate things. Not the actual person trying to sell me a jl, another dude that felt like keeping me company for some reason, lol. Funny thing he would come back saying he checked and (whatever I just said) he would say.
Sponsored