Sponsored

Who installed alien shade without dropping the windshield?

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I let go of the clip and had to use my grabber tool to retrieve but it still wasn't easy. I never unbolted the windshield but spent some time figuring out how to do the first one and the others installed quickly though my fingers were sore afterwards. My "balls" are on the topside so hopefully when one launches due to age it won't hit me.
Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

i installed my front shade without folding the window on the trail. lol. its actually pretty easy with the Teflon piece to help send the bungees through the front window space

Eduardo909

First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL MOAB
Those plastic clips for the front windshield deformed very easily. I tilted the windshield forward and couldn’t position the two outer clips on the outside of the outer bolts without them snapping loose, had to settle with leaving the two outer clips on the inside of the outer bolts.

Mjmi69

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab, 2019 BMW 335, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Recon, 2018 BMW 435i
Occupation
Broker/Owner
Never dropped window, 10 minutes to install front shade

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
Yes, I let go of the clip and had to use my grabber tool to retrieve but it still wasn't easy. I never unbolted the windshield but spent some time figuring out how to do the first one and the others installed quickly though my fingers were sore afterwards. My "balls" are on the topside so hopefully when one launches due to age it won't hit me.
I didn’t drop the windshield either. But great point about putting your balls on the top side, if there’s clearance from the roof, so that it won’t whack you in the eye when it lets go due to age.

Sponsored

Mule_lx

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I am down two clips also. Anyone know where replacements can be purchased?

Did Alienshade go out of business?

Sbnewsom

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I am down two clips also. Anyone know where replacements can be purchased?

Did Alienshade go out of business?
Something that I did today. I was tired of always ordering replacement clips for the front windshield. No matter what I did, they would always bend and fail me. So I went to lowes and picked up 4 1/4" mirror hangers.

These. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Style-Selections-Metal-Mirror-Clips/1056919

I looped the windshield bunge through the hole and slid it on the metal of the windshield frame. Works perfectly. I also put some double sided tape on the clips. Reason I did this was so that if I wanted to roll the sun screen up and have the "open air" feeling, the clips would not fall out.

Hope this helps!

Photo May 07, 7 40 47 PM.jpg
Sponsored