Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
This was delivered the day before, had been prepped, and the owner was there to pick it up. I was talking to the salesman who was demonstrating the features to the customer who was about to drive off in it.
Sponsored

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
All this whining about FCA personnel not being up to date on features on their premier Jeep vehicle! After 3,000,000+ miles of testing? What do you expect for a $50K+ vehicle? Competence?

When the new 2015 Mustangs came out, FMC immediately set up one of their main (knowledgeable) office employees to monitor the new Mustang Forum. She had the capability to reach out to the assembly plant, the design bureau, and just about every part of the corporation. She soon had a team of assistants. Most questions were answered within the same day. She also had the ability to give out email addresses for specific departments when detailed answers were requested. Dealers were soon following new owners to get 'her' help answering just about every possible question. They also set up a subsidiary website to track your order from pre-assembly to dealer delivery. I know because I followed my Mustang through the factory, to sitting at the holding lot, onto a railcar, to a railroad siding in Chicago, to a transfer yard in St Paul, and onto the final transport truck. I was at the dealership watching them unload my convertible.

Last edited:

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
All this whining about FCA personnel not being up to date on features on their premier Jeep vehicle! After 3,000,000+ miles of testing? What do you expect for a $50K+ vehicle? Competence?
In their defense most have not got their test vehicles or got them late.

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
I have checked on every JL I’ve seen. No offoad pages. Hoping it’s a simple update.

Sponsored

KaDeTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan RLine 2018 2.0TDI
I’m gonna have to throw a flag on that play.

Support personnel are supposed to know the most common problems, and know where to reach out for more assistance. One trim of one vehicle barely on the road today is not something I’d expect to be widely trained on.

Especially if it turns out the feature isn’t even available!
How can they "SUPPORT" when then don't know anything ??? if it not released they should now that and the date it will be. That is normal procedure in normal support center. Today everyone is hiding behind a phone or keyboard "support" staff is outsources and one person supports your TV, Car, and adult products and dont know anything about any products.

"did you try disconnecting and waiting " :devil:

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
How can they "SUPPORT" when then don't know anything ??? if it not released they should now that and the date it will be. That is normal procedure in normal support center. Today everyone is hiding behind a phone or keyboard "support" staff is outsources and one person supports your TV, Car, and adult products and dont know anything about any products.

"did you try disconnecting and waiting " :devil:
Can't get visions of phone support for "adult products" out of my head . . .

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
Ok I've commented on a couple of these threads, can someone confirm/explain what these "pages" are going to show that's different from the center cluster "off road pages" . Is it just that on the big screen they should appear there and are easier to access without using steering wheel controls for the center display?

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
At the autoshow today none of the JL's had the offroad page on the center screen. By now we have all seen photos or videos of it presented on that screen. When I asked the Jeep rep driving the JL why it wasn't on the page he said that it never was(not that any of them actually know what they are talking about.) I proceeded to mention I had seen it on several occasions, and he just told me "why would anyone want it on the center screen when it's right in front of you?"
I didn't say anything else, but I typically keep my eyes on the trail when approaching those steep angles and it would be nice if my passengers could look at the inclination angles just for kicks.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
Ok I've commented on a couple of these threads, can someone confirm/explain what these "pages" are going to show that's different from the center cluster "off road pages" . Is it just that on the big screen they should appear there and are easier to access without using steering wheel controls for the center display?
Yeah, basically 3 screens, one with pitch and roll, one with drivetrain and one with all of the gauges.

Sponsored

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
Yeah, basically 3 screens, one with pitch and roll, one with drivetrain and one with all of the gauges.
I have the off-road pages on my GC, I’d rather have it in front of me.... while I think the JL should have the option to display it on the large screen I also think it’s more gimmick then content... if they never put it in the bigger screen we really aren’t missing anything IMHO.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
I have the off-road pages on my GC, I’d rather have it in front of me.... while I think the JL should have the option to display it on the large screen I also think it’s more gimmick then content... if they never put it in the bigger screen we really aren’t missing anything IMHO.
I would like to see all of the gauges on a single screen instead of having to cycle through them.

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
I would like to see all of the gauges on a single screen instead of having to cycle through them.
Yes, that would really be the only benefit from my experience with them

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Off road pages? Not sure if this is it but when I went o the LA auto show and sat inthe Sahara I played with the radio for a while there was a button ( i think it was offroad) on the screen there, which was the 8.4 that said off road pages ( i think) it had all the guage tempatures and info on it and there was a second screen that you could toggle back . There were 5 dials on it. things like oil temp, trans temp etc. In the center cluster it also had the pitch and roll and whether it was locked or not.I think on the main screen you toggel to the status of your drve train . locked , or not etc.

Is that what it is?

Unfortunately I was more interested in the Nav screens so I did not take a picture. but it was there on the Sahara.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
Off road pages? Not sure if this is it but when I went o the LA auto show and sat inthe Sahara I played with the radio for a while there was a button ( i think it was offroad) on the screen there, which was the 8.4 that said off road pages ( i think) it had all the guage tempatures and info on it and there was a second screen that you could toggle back . There were 5 dials on it. things like oil temp, trans temp etc. In the center cluster it also had the pitch and roll and whether it was locked or not.I think on the main screen you toggel to the status of your drve train . locked , or not etc.

Is that what it is?

Unfortunately I was more interested in the Nav screens so I did not take a picture. but it was there on the Sahara.
Yeah, that is exactly what it is. It was removed from all Rubicons and possibly Saharas due to some issues it seems. Should come back via an update but we don't have an ETA on that, hopefully soon.
Sponsored