Sponsored

Who here has Off-Road Pages? Anyone?

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
So a buddy of mine picked up his JL a couple days ago, a fully-loaded 4-door Granite Rubicon, and we'll be damned if we can find the Off-Road Pages. The dealer can't explain it, the folks on the line at UConnect can't figure it out, and it appears nobody else here with a Rubi has it on their UConnect units. Is this a feature that isn't released yet, something that needs to be purchased, or a launch flaw?
Sponsored

jeppesen.io

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, WR250R, JLU Rubicon
So a buddy of mine picked up his JL a couple days ago, a fully-loaded 4-door Granite Rubicon, and we'll be damned if we can find the Off-Road Pages. The dealer can't explain it, the folks on the line at UConnect can't figure it out, and it appears nobody else here with a Rubi has it on their UConnect units. Is this a feature that isn't released yet, something that needs to be purchased, or a launch flaw?
Very interesting - Can UConnect update over the air, or does a dealer need to?

I expect mine in two weeks - I'll check then and update thread.

OP
OP
Spank

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very interesting - Can UConnect update over the air, or does a dealer need to?

I expect mine in two weeks - I'll check then and update thread.
Oh yeah. And if this isn't a feature that's out yet, that's fine. The concern is that nobody at Jeep, nor UConnect seems to know what the deal is.

jeppesen.io

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh yeah. And if this isn't a feature that's out yet, that's fine. The concern is that nobody at Jeep, nor UConnect seems to know what the deal is.
Not to be pedantic, but no one at Jeep you spoke to knew about it. I'm sure someone knows about in that big FCA machine - sometimes it just takes time for the imformation to move through the cogs to the outside world. I would not expect UConnect support to ever know about a feature only used on one trim on one car in the FCA lineup.

Can you look at the trim level in the uconnect? Can you tell if it think's it's a sport or saharha? Maybe the factory flashed the wrong firmware?

Sponsored

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU, '18 GC
I'm sure someone knows about in that big FCA machine - sometimes it just takes time for the imformation to move through the cogs to the outside world. I would not expect UConnect support to ever know about a feature only used on one trim on one car in the FCA lineup.
Just FYI, that's incorrect (the lineup comment). I have the off-road pages with pitch/roll on my 18 GC limited, which by definition isn't even "trail rated" since Jeep doesn't give it the badge. I agree that UConnect support won't know.

jeppesen.io

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just FYI, that's incorrect (the lineup comment). I have the off-road pages with pitch/roll on my 18 GC limited, which by definition isn't even "trail rated" since Jeep doesn't give it the badge. I agree that UConnect support won't know.
Oh interesting - are the pages otherwise the same as the JL?

OP
OP
Spank

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is already a lengthy thread on this in the uconnect forum. Hopefully these can be combined.
I saw that thread, but the title was a bit ambiguous and had been created before the JL came out. Likewise, that thread title was more centered around Off-Road Pages in general. I wanted this thread to specifically be about this feature not working at all on any production units and the fact that, as of now, nobody at Jeep has an answer as to why.

Yeah, the instrument cluster's rudimentary Off-Road page does work, showing the locker, t-case, and steering info as well as the Pitch & Roll page, but there's still no actual Off-Road Pages app available on the UConnect unit. I'm gonna chock it up to it simply not being ready yet.

OP
OP
Spank

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you look at the trim level in the uconnect? Can you tell if it think's it's a sport or saharha? Maybe the factory flashed the wrong firmware?
Based on other posts, it appears no Rubicons at all have Off-Road pages. I don't think this is a case of bad firmware. The app is most likely not available yet, which is fine, but the fact that nobody seems to know that isn't.

I would not expect UConnect support to ever know about a feature only used on one trim on one car in the FCA lineup.
Nonsense. All UConnect support representatives should be familiar with every single feature, menu, option, and function of the unit, inside and out. That is literally the point of their job.

Sponsored

Qwknbad

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Telecom
I called Uconnect last night. After getting disconnected 3 times, I finally got someone. The guy read me a blurb he found that the pages would not be available at the JL release. He said they would show up on an update, but did not have a date.
On the other thread about this, I have seen some posts that some Rubicon’s had them on the lot, but after the shipping mode was turned off the pages disappeared.

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
Nonsense. All UConnect support representatives should be familiar with every single feature, menu, option, and function of the unit, inside and out. That is literally the point of their job.
I’m gonna have to throw a flag on that play.

Support personnel are supposed to know the most common problems, and know where to reach out for more assistance. One trim of one vehicle barely on the road today is not something I’d expect to be widely trained on.

Especially if it turns out the feature isn’t even available!

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
It's definitely in some Jeeps. It was in the one Rubicon that my dealer got in last week.

OP
OP
Spank

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's definitely in some Jeeps. It was in the one Rubicon that my dealer got in last week.
It was mentioned that Off-Road Pages appears when the Jeep in some kind of shipping mode, but when this is disabled and delivered to the customer, it disappears.

OP
OP
Spank

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m gonna have to throw a flag on that play.

Support personnel are supposed to know the most common problems, and know where to reach out for more assistance. One trim of one vehicle barely on the road today is not something I’d expect to be widely trained on.

Especially if it turns out the feature isn’t even available!
Well, my expectations are higher. Being that this is a new product and has been released to the public, support personnel should've been educated ahead of time on new features and options and prepared to answer questions.
Sponsored

Last edited: