2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
No, mine is not the Ram mount. I just ordered the JL side mirrors (https://www.carolinametalmasters.co...mm-jl-side-mirrors-with-1-ball-mount-solution), but I ordered with the "Ball Mount Delete". It would kinda depend on if you are planning to attach anything to it. To be candid, I'm not 100% how mounting it on the bottom of the A-Pillar handle will affect attachments.
Nope wont be attaching anything to it. So yours came wit that arm that I see in your picture. Last thing, the price says $255. If that's $255 for 1 side then I'm out again like Ross Perot.

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope wont be attaching anything to it. So yours came wit that arm that I see in your picture. Last thing, the price says $255. If that's $255 for 1 side then I'm out again like Ross Perot.
If not attaching anything to it, just make sure to order with the "Ball Mount Delete". No, it's not just for one side. That's for two mirrors and mounting hardware. Yes, arms (I think they call them "stanchions") are included. When you go to their site to order, you may get a message to put your email in for a coupon code. I used a discount code and got 10% off.

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like the 10% off link is a tab when you go to the link above. Also, this is the "Ball Mount Delete" bracket. Obviously doesn't have the ball attachment on it.

delete_word_2000x.png

Sponsored

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
I haven’t lowered the windshield yet.

How much of a pain is it to take it down and back up?

How fast can you drive before you get too much wind?
The effort to lower the windshield involves removing 4 torx screws. It is so easy. I recommend getting the windshield hold down straps (Mopar 82215717) to ensure the windshield is securely held down. I have gone up to 60 mph with it down and in Arizona the only regulation is that you have to wear eye protection. It is hard to breathe as there is so much air coming at you. The best part is the smile it puts on your face (or your kids).

IMG_3995.jpg

amnesiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
The effort to lower the windshield involves removing 4 torx screws. It is so easy. I recommend getting the windshield hold down straps (Mopar 82215717) to ensure the windshield is securely held down. I have gone up to 60 mph with it down and in Arizona the only regulation is that you have to wear eye protection. It is hard to breathe as there is so much air coming at you. The best part is the smile it puts on your face (or your kids).

IMG_3995.jpg
Nice! I don’t plan on going anywhere near that speed, but good to know it’s not prohibitive.

BamaJL

First Name
Lamar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S, 2014 Wrangler JK Sport S
I haven’t lowered the windshield yet.

How much of a pain is it to take it down and back up?

How fast can you drive before you get too much wind?
It was really easy. Remove the wipers and four bolts across the top. I got up to 55 and the wind was pretty high. Reminded me of riding a bike with a helmet with no face shield!

Sponsored

jakebrake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler rubicon recon
ok....stupid "top down" question.

much-better half's jeep is a hardtop. anyone here bought the factory soft top assembly after the fact? how wretched is the conversion? (she had to pick one with out the dual top group.)

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
much-better half's jeep is a hardtop. anyone here bought the factory soft top assembly after the fact? how wretched is the conversion? (she had to pick one with out the dual top group.)
I did. Not hard at all. Just gotta piece together the plastic assemblies that go on the side and then mount the soft top into the track. First time you do it may take you an hour or so, but really not tough at all.

jakebrake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler rubicon recon
I did. Not hard at all. Just gotta piece together the plastic assemblies that go on the side and then mount the soft top into the track. First time you do it may take you an hour or so, but really not tough at all.
thanks...and, what part of the keystone state are You from?

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Sport, JT Mojave, Sold JLU Sport S
Occupation
Cigar & IPA Snob
Jeep Wrangler JL Who has their top down? 20200530_182848

Been running this since March. Sadly, it ends today as I head to the beach. Will go back when I get there though.
Sponsored