Sponsored

Who has the most miles on their Ecodiesel so far?

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I've seen all the discussions of mpg, power, cost effectiveness, etc on this engine. But given that it's still fairly new, I'm curious if anyone has put the long haul on it yet? Will this be a 150K+ engine, or one that people are moving on from once those high digits hit the odometer?

I'm also frequently impressed with how quickly some folks put miles on. So let's see who's got the most so far!
Sponsored

PillowFightr

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Data Center Engineer
Rubicon diesel here. 12.5K trouble free miles so far. Nothing but smiles!

Sponsored

Bravo

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0, 2016 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega CTD, 2019 Roadglide Special, 2015 Malibu Wakesetter 23 LSV, 2019 Skidoo Summit X 165, and 2018 Skidoo Summit X 154
10.5k with zero issues

Pmccammon00

First Name
Philbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Ecodiesel
Occupation
Retired, live 6 months in Scottsdale, 6 months in Steamboat Springs, Co and the remaining 6 months on the road with Rubi and BoreasXT trailer.
20k miles with nothing BUT issues. Some humidity sensor problem at around 1700 miles. Turbo charger replaced at 7100 miles. Both batteries replaced at 15k. Rear differential replaced at 19k. New check engine light just today, something about the NOx sensors and DEF service required by dealer. This maybe the last straw. Think twice my friends before going down the ecodiesel route.

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
Rolled 14k today. No issues at all
Just rolled 21k, no issues. On a recent run a fellow jeeper used almost a full tank of fuel, while the diesel used less than 5 gallons. I highly recommend the diesel jeep.

Sponsored

BuffaloBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler, 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 2020 JLUR Ecodiesel
20k miles with nothing BUT issues. Some humidity sensor problem at around 1700 miles. Turbo charger replaced at 7100 miles. Both batteries replaced at 15k. Rear differential replaced at 19k. New check engine light just today, something about the NOx sensors and DEF service required by dealer. This maybe the last straw. Think twice my friends before going down the ecodiesel route.
That’s pretty bad. If mine were having such problems I’d have to get rid of it I think.

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
The engine should be fine. The transmission is great too.
The items that are prone to break down much faster and give you the most issues on the ecodiesel is the diesel exhaust system, Intake system, DEF system, intercooler, injectors, and all those special intake and exhaust sensors for diesels.

Pmccammon00

First Name
Philbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Ecodiesel
Occupation
Retired, live 6 months in Scottsdale, 6 months in Steamboat Springs, Co and the remaining 6 months on the road with Rubi and BoreasXT trailer.
That’s pretty bad. If mine were having such problems I’d have to get rid of it I think.
Once the extended warranty is gone, so is this Jeep from my garage.

PillowFightr

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Data Center Engineer
Once the extended warranty is gone, so is this Jeep from my garage.
Once my warranty is gone, i will tune and semi-delete the annoying things from it, gain MPG, gain hp, gain torque and gain more reliability and keep driving what i have built (which is an overlanding queen) :)
Sponsored