Sponsored

Who has the most miles on their diesel Wrangler?

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
2021 Unlimited Rubicon. Picked up from the dealer on September 28, 2020.
100,000 miles on May 24, 2023.
2” Mopar lift, 35x11.50R17LT Nitto Trail Grappler M/T.
No problems with the diesel. Use Hot Shot EDT with every fill.
Replaced sway bar disconnect and front locker sensor under warranty.

IMG_6229.jpeg
No problem with diesel? Don’t you read this forum? I keep reading that they are ALL problematic! 😊
Sponsored

Last edited:

driventoadventure

First Name
Lrr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Employed Gainfully
Clubs

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
That's not what everyone on the forums says is a typical experience with the diesel...
So true. Except...most of the experts on this forum have never even been in the same zipcode as an Ecodiesel, let alone have enough experience with them to form an educated opinion. The irony is that the owners all love them and the I-have-absolutely-no-experience-with-an-Ecodiesel members think they suck.

It is head & shoulders the engine with the power characteristics that best fit a Wrangler. No other engine is even close. Do I need to trot out the Youtube video of the JL Ecodiesel pulling a stuck 80,000 lb semi uphill in the snow? Try that with your 3.6, 2.0T, or 392. Especially with a complete lack of drama as it chugs away.

Last edited:

Famof5jeep

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
So true. Except...most of the experts on this forum have never even been in the same zipcode as an Ecodiesel, let alone have enough experience with them to form an educated opinion. The irony is that the owners all love them and the I-have-absolutely-no-experience-with-an-Ecodiesel members think they suck.

It is head & shoulders the engine with the power characteristics that best fit a Wrangler. No other engine is even close. Do I need to trot out the Youtube video of the JL Ecodiesel pulling a stuck 80,000 lb semi uphill in the snow? Try that with your 3.6, 2.0T, or 392. Especially with a complete lack of drama as it chugs away.

Spot on. My 2020 is up to 90k miles
Now. 20k ish on a Clayton lift and 37s. I did add the Banks Derringer because… well torque of course. This has been my favorite Jeep and vehicle owned to date. Plenty of time offroad and it performs awesome! Short the hinge paint issues I have no complaints. I’m sure there are bad EcoDs but my experience has been awesome!

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Spot on. My 2020 is up to 90k miles
Now. 20k ish on a Clayton lift and 37s. I did add the Banks Derringer because… well torque of course. This has been my favorite Jeep and vehicle owned to date. Plenty of time offroad and it performs awesome! Short the hinge paint issues I have no complaints. I’m sure there are bad EcoDs but my experience has been awesome!
:rock:

Sponsored

buffalo429

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
My 2020 is JLURD is almost at 25k. No issues for me except when I first bought it I would get emails saying that the charging system was not working properly.
Does anyone have any experience with deleting the emissions system? Seems to be a common mod in Canada but have not come across any options stateside.

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
My 2020 is JLURD is almost at 25k. No issues for me except when I first bought it I would get emails saying that the charging system was not working properly.
Does anyone have any experience with deleting the emissions system? Seems to be a common mod in Canada but have not come across any options stateside.
It's illegal to delete emissions systems in the US. Companies who sold delete kits are getting shut down with heavy fines. A few individuals have faced serious consequences for deleting their vehicles, even in states with no emissions testing.

So finding info on doing it is going to be difficult and doing it is risky.

buffalo429

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
It's illegal to delete emissions systems in the US. Companies who sold delete kits are getting shut down with heavy fines. A few individuals have faced serious consequences for deleting their vehicles, even in states with no emissions testing.

So finding info on doing it is going to be difficult and doing it is risky.
Do you know if the same laws apply for trailer queens. I'm guessing they don't but I am not certain.

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
Do you know if the same laws apply for trailer queens. I'm guessing they don't but I am not certain.
If you have plates and drive it on the road, deleting is illegal.

Off road only doesn't have the same requirements.

A lot of people get away with deleting their vehicles. But there is risk of getting caught.
Sponsored