Sponsored

Who has ordered MOPAR CAI from the factory?

OP
OP
Gadgettr1

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
Please have a body shop do it, and not the dealer. They're not going to screw up the paint. This is child's play for a competent body shop. They have the tools and the processes to not screw it up. And if they do, they have the ability to order, paint, and install a new hood.

Another option would be to just ask for a refund on the CIA. Seems like a lot of worry over a very marginal performance improvement.
I'll pass everything along to him. He's just under the assumption that he doesn't have a cold air intake without the hole in the hood to suck in fresh air. The factory CAI looks VERY similar to the regular factory intake. I didn't help the matter when I installed a CORSA CAI on my JLUR, so now he likes the growl mine makes LOL.
Sponsored

ВџУМεΆј℮℮℗

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMC GREMLIN, GMC SIERRA, 21 WILLYS
I too am going back and forth with dealer. The parts for the hood werent included. I tried to go through Jeep Chat and it was just some generic answer. I used the email for elevated problems and also got a generic answer. My service Advisor at the dealership is trying to solve the problem but the district guy most likely doesnt know the official answer either. I have been on vacation the last week so i will replant a bug in my SA ear. Im brtting it will be the standdard answer of he is waiting for a response. Its been about 4 weeks for that answer. I hAve a 2 door dual door group so there was zero room in the back for the pieces. I have read a few have gotten the peices included. And now a few off us no pieces..

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
They should have a disclaimer that the hood vent is not factory installed. It's very deceptive IMO and if more people choose that option there would probably be a lawsuit over it. I would have a performance shop put it on, they are used to cutting body panels as well. I did mine on my own and it was not hard just stressful.

As far as marginal increase who cares, op wants it on and it looks great. Many guys here spend $5000 on a lift, rims and tires only to drive it on the street. No one bats an eye at that.

I personally saw a 1.5-2 mpg increase after I put the hood vent on.

Stumeat

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Undecided
Vehicle Showcase
Please ignore my ignorance here, if you order the CAI it comes without the hood vent? Do you need the hood vent for it to work?

OP
OP
Gadgettr1

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
My buddy ordered one from the factory. It should come with the parts to install the hood vent, but the factory doesn’t cut the hood and install it.
Sponsored