Sponsored

Who has ordered MOPAR CAI from the factory?

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
Who has ordered the MOPAR CAI from the factory? Did your hood come with the cutout already installed? A friend of mine ordered his 2021 JLUR with the CAI and it was not installed (hood cutout). It actually did not even come with the parts for the cutout but it did come with the intake section installed.
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Did your hood come with the cutout already installed?
Even if ordered from the factory, the Mopar CAI does not come with the hood already cut.

It actually did not even come with the parts for the cutout but it did come with the intake section installed.
That should be part of the kit. Have your friend go back to the dealer and make sure he/she has them track it down.

OP
OP
Gadgettr1

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
Even if ordered from the factory, the Mopar CAI does not come with the hood already cut.

That should be part of the kit. Have your friend go back to the dealer and make sure he/she has them track it down.
Yeah he's gone back to the dealer and they're going to get him the parts. But he's arguing with them over installing it. He wants it done from the factory... he called Jeep and they said at first they were going to send him a new hood with it installed, but now they're back tracking and saying it's on the dealer to install it. The dealer said they'd pay for a body shop to install it but then they're not on the hook if the body shop screws the paint or something up.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Yeah he's gone back to the dealer and they're going to get him the parts. But he's arguing with them over installing it. He wants it done from the factory... he called Jeep and they said at first they were going to send him a new hood with it installed, but now they're back tracking and saying it's on the dealer to install it. The dealer said they'd pay for a body shop to install it but then they're not on the hook if the body shop screws the paint or something up.
You lose some of the 'Rubicon' lettering with the cutout. Guys have DIY the hood, but I get not everybody wants to risk getting it wrong.

OP
OP
Gadgettr1

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
You lose some of the 'Rubicon' lettering with the cutout. Guys have DIY the hood, but I get not everybody wants to risk getting it wrong.
Yeah he was expecting it cut from the factory. Doesn't want a body shop screwing it up.

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Yeah he was expecting it cut from the factory. Doesn't want a body shop screwing it up.
Itā€™s a 30 minute job max for a competent body shop to do. Personally, Iā€™d rather have a body shop do it than the dealer.

I donā€™t know what the dealer told your friend, but all thatā€™s installed at the factory is the under hood part of the CAI.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Isnā€™t this a dealer installed item? Similar to ordering BMW Mā€™s with port installed accessories ? Pretty sure itā€™s literally NOT something the factory will do, and if so ā€” his argument is moot.

OP
OP
Gadgettr1

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
Isnā€™t this a dealer installed item? Similar to ordering BMW Mā€™s with port installed accessories ? Pretty sure itā€™s literally NOT something the factory will do, and if so ā€” his argument is moot.
I'll let him know.

OP
OP
Gadgettr1

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
Itā€™s a 30 minute job max for a competent body shop to do. Personally, Iā€™d rather have a body shop do it than the dealer.

I donā€™t know what the dealer told your friend, but all thatā€™s installed at the factory is the under hood part of the CAI.
I'll let him know. It was someone from Jeep that told him they'd send him a new hood, but a day later they changed that tune.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll let him know.
I mean I donā€™t know if it is or notā€” but I thought that mopar items on the order form were installed as part of the PDI process. Rubber mopar Floor mats areā€” maybe it depends on the item.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gadgettr1

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
I mean I donā€™t know if it is or notā€” but I thought that mopar items on the order form were installed as part of the PDI process. Rubber mopar Floor mats areā€” maybe it depends on the item.
He got the rubber floor mats (not sure if the dealer installed them or it came from the factory with them installed). I do know he didn't get the carpet floor mats.. was he supposed to? FYI it's a FULLY loaded Rubicon with pretty much every add on option that was available (both sun shade tops, smoker package etc) (I left him alone with the salesman when he was ordering for a few minutes and that's what happened... ugh)

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
He got the rubber floor mats (not sure if the dealer installed them or it came from the factory with them installed). I do know he didn't get the carpet floor mats.. was he supposed to? FYI it's a FULLY loaded Rubicon with pretty much every add on option that was available (both sun shade tops, smoker package etc) (I left him alone with the salesman when he was ordering for a few minutes and that's what happened... ugh)
Haha. No he wouldnā€™t get the carpet mats. The reason I think the mats are done at PDI is Iā€™ve ordered two Jeepā€™s with them now and they both were installed differently. One had proper drain holes cut the other did not. Seemed not factory the way the first one was done.

I looked up some threads and a Jeep individual has stated in the past in 2018 that theyā€™d actually deliver it installed with the hole cut. So I could be wrong, or FCA changed that and makes the dealer do it now.

OP
OP
Gadgettr1

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
Haha. No he wouldnā€™t get the carpet mats. The reason I think the mats are done at PDI is Iā€™ve ordered two Jeepā€™s with them now and they both were installed differently. One had proper drain holes cut the other did not. Seemed not factory the way the first one was done.

I looked up some threads and a Jeep individual has stated in the past in 2018 that theyā€™d actually deliver it installed with the hole cut. So I could be wrong, or FCA changed that and makes the dealer do it now.
Hmmm, I'll let him keep working it out with them and see what the resolution ends up being I guess. I just figured I'd ask on here to see if anyone has actually had it delivered from the factory already cut.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmmm, I'll let him keep working it out with them and see what the resolution ends up being I guess. I just figured I'd ask on here to see if anyone has actually had it delivered from the factory already cut.
Makes sense. Itā€™s probably ordered infrequently.

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR
Please have a body shop do it, and not the dealer. They're not going to screw up the paint. This is child's play for a competent body shop. They have the tools and the processes to not screw it up. And if they do, they have the ability to order, paint, and install a new hood.

Another option would be to just ask for a refund on the CIA. Seems like a lot of worry over a very marginal performance improvement.
Sponsored