21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6

AMC_CJ

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Curious
I asked the the shop attendant at a local O'Reilly's Auto Parts this same question a while back... he claimed to also be a long haul truck driver, and he said after pretty much trying all the blades out there, that he wouldn't ever use anything but Bosch Icon. I tried them out per his suggestions, never had blades work so well, and last so long. Don't think I will ever explore further either.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Really depends on how much dirt is mixed in with the water. If you're regularly wiping off mud you'll wear them right out no matter how good they are.
The Jeep got Rain-X this time, and my truck got Bosch. I've been doing this wiper thing for 40 years, and in Texas, when vehicles are not garaged, the blades deteriorate fast. Mud or dirt has little to do with it. I do wipe the blades, regularly, to keep debris off. It is the heat and UV Ray exposure that seems to make the blades hard and a little brittle. Just enough to be aggravating.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
The Jeep got Rain-X this time, and my truck got Bosch. I've been doing this wiper thing for 40 years, and in Texas, when vehicles are not garaged, the blades deteriorate fast. Mud or dirt has little to do with it. I do wipe the blades, regularly, to keep debris off. It is the heat and UV Ray exposure that seems to make the blades hard and a little brittle. Just enough to be aggravating.
Well, could very well be. I've got 15-30% stronger UV in UT and never had UV issues, but I also keep my vehicles garaged. I guess that helps more than I know.

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"

Sponsored

DWS44

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Box: 2022 JLUR 392 + '17 C7 GS & '21 C8 Vettes
Occupation
CAD/IT Manager (Civil/Airport Design)
Seeing all these posts, maybe I need to try Icons again. I used to use them back when they were fairly new, then I went on a bad streak and got two or three bad sets in a row that barely lasted a few months before they started streaking all over the place. Gave up and tried Valeo Frameless Ultimate from Amazon and had really good experiences with them. Used them for years on my JK. Amazingly, the OEM wipers on my JLR are still working well, but when I need to replace, I'll probably go with the Valeos.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Seeing all these posts, maybe I need to try Icons again. I used to use them back when they were fairly new, then I went on a bad streak and got two or three bad sets in a row that barely lasted a few months before they started streaking all over the place. Gave up and tried Valeo Frameless Ultimate from Amazon and had really good experiences with them. Used them for years on my JK. Amazingly, the OEM wipers on my JLR are still working well, but when I need to replace, I'll probably go with the Valeos.
@DWS44

I buy the Bosch Icons for the front but last set I purchased through Amazon, started streaking soon after I installed them.

I called Bosch, Customer Service and the rep there said, that undoubtedly, I had gotten older stock... probably heat damaged from Amazon.

The Bosh rep sent out replacements right away.... he hinted at me trying to buy the next Bosch's from a retailer that tended to move product quickly..

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
Another vote for Bosch here. I had never used them before on any of our vehicles until I had to replace my OE blades. They are by far the best blade I’ve found so far.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Bosch Icon's have lasted me about 2 years every time I've used them. I made the mistake of getting cheaper blades in between my last two sets because we didn't have any Icons in stock. Threw those blades out a month later.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Sponsored

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I use Rain-X that I can usually find at Menards for $9.99, go through 2 sets a year on my vehicles. The secret is a clean windshield, NOT the wipers. I have a ritual of cleaning it when I get home, or if I forget, in the morning before I leave for the day. Use Invisible Glass to clean the dead critters off, then chase with Rain-X. Running wipers over crusty dead bugs will kill blades just as quick as the sun.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
The factory wipers remain in situ on my JLU. It's a 2021, and I switch them out for Duralast winter wipers during the Snow Times. So, to be fair, I'm not yet able to comment on the relative longevity of the OEM fitments. I've no complaints about their performance, though.

When wiper blades required replacement on my other vehicles, I was careful to use Bosch Icon beam-type wiper blades, which perform well and always provide an excellent service life.

My Jeep is parked in a garage every night, and I am careful to recurringly clean the front glass from time to time. No doubt these habits have a beneficial effect on the performance and service life of any brand of windscreen wipers installed on the vehicle.

Jeep Wrangler JL Who has found the best wipers ? 20210418_114642

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

So you spend ~$40 a year on wiper blades, when you could use better blades for years and save money?
Closer to twenty, and I’ve never had a wiper from any brand last “years”.

gweber

First Name
george
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport
Mine just fell apart. I replaced them with the Bosch and they wipe well.
Sponsored